I need a store name

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by Giggles1100, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Nov 17, 2006

I have a HS Life Skills class, and I am really workign onJob Skills because my kids have living skilsl mastered but really need soem job skills that the VAC department is fulfilling. So I have decided to take them out once a week to a job site as a class and we will clean tables at CHick Fil a or sweep floors etc. But during the week we are workignon building a classroom store. My Kids are Beading NEcklaces, Bracelets, making recipe jars, Stamping cards and notepads, we are still trying to find some other things we can make and sell. We plan on opening the store up once a month to the schoola nd staff to sell our wares and reinvest the money to buymore supplies, and I am applying for a grant to see if we can buy school supplies and sellt ehm also, possibly during lunches. My kids are thriving and learnign money skills and communication skills etc. If you have other ideas of things we could make I would love those ideas.

SO we need a name for our store, i want to also put up an online store to selltheir jewelery and potpourri. We need a store name and I am stumped, My kids do not talk, they are pretty nonverbal so I want to give them some names to choose from.

WE are the COugars, I have 3 boys and one girl, all autistic and 1 downs. I hope to have allt he stations put into place before 2nd semester starts, right now we are just set up at desks. but I want to haev a signa nd everything ready for them when they return. Anybody have any name ideas we could vote on or crafty ideas of things to make and sell?

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Nov 17, 2006

Can you use your school kitchen? If so, you could make brownies or cookies and sell those. High School kids love to eat - so they should sell well to the kids, especially if you sell at lunch time or after school.

4. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Nov 17, 2006

We do have a kitchen in our classroom, but the other 2 classes do a muffins fundraiser for the teachers each month so I have to watcha nd not step on anybodys toes, but we could do cookies, I bet.

5. IPinPa

IPinPa Rookie

Nov 22, 2006

Cougar Coner Connection :)
    how about an herb garden and the kids could package the herbs with recipe cards?

Good LUck

6. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 22, 2006

Crafty Cougar Corner

Crafty Cougar Collage

Cougar Creations

Winning Touch

Buried Treasure

Perfect Imperfections

Cougar Class Creation

Dream Details

Cougar Innovations

7. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Nov 22, 2006

I do like Cougar creations, I came up with that too, but wasn't sure. Keep them coming guys! :)

8. i modify

i modify New Member

Nov 29, 2006

When i taught high school life skills we contractedc through our local otis spunkmyer and royal cup coffee. what that did was they provided us with the equipment and we had to buy our supplies from them. otis gave us 2 cookie ovens, and royal cup gave us a cappuccino machine. we ordered cups, lids, and capp mix from royal cup and bag and cookies from otis. my kids made 12 trays of cookies a day and sold them between classes. 2 cookies in a bag for a dollar. also capp was a dollar. we made tons of money. abput 150 daily and then they learned job skills. i loved it. i teach elem ls now and miss the older ones.