I need a good abc software :(

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by MrShiva, Dec 10, 2011.

1. MrShiva

MrShiva Rookie

Dec 10, 2011

I need an ABC software with image of letter voice with pronunciation ...

Just like if student click the mouse there is some voice that pronounce the specific example of it. Like for "A" " a - a - a - apple" and for "B" ba-ba-ba-bat"

Guys what software do you recommend? Thank you! :)

By the way,I need it to teach Children with Autism.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Dec 10, 2011

I use this website with my toddler sometimes: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2602&e=gamesByAge&mcat=game_infant

It's not exactly what you are looking for but The ABCs Zoo Learning Game is a touch any key to move forward game. It is so easy that she plays it on her own. Basically, it will say a letter of the alphabet and then an animal that starts with that letter and the animal's sound. It will also sing the ABC song.

The infant version goes in alphabetical order and the toddler one lets them click on the key to get each letter.

4. ciounoi

ciounoi Cohort

Dec 10, 2011

Great website out there that many teachers use is www.starfall.com. If you have internet access at your school, that would be a great choice.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Dec 10, 2011

Starfall does require the ability to use a mouse.

6. ciounoi

ciounoi Cohort

Dec 11, 2011

Very good point, Mopar... I've been hanging around very functional kids for way too long now. :)

7. MrShiva

MrShiva Rookie

Dec 12, 2011

Thank you
    ciounoi and mopar, these sites are very helpful for me :) i will try it ASAP! :)

by the way guys, do you have an program (installer) that can i use with an offline computer?

8. MrShiva

MrShiva Rookie

Dec 12, 2011

By the way, i give you some insights about the schools that i were conducting my Student Teaching Program.
    It is a public school, a newly built school for SPED. They provide a lot of instructional materials by the local government instead of computer and internet connection. So there are only some teachers provide computer (that hadn't internet connection), and now im searching for a installer that can help student to read or even to learn basic things like color/identifying etc...

I am deserving to teach them even we have only few months to stay in that school. And before i'm leave, i want to give them a very helpful things that can help them well.

And now guys i'm begging you for your support. Thank You! :) God Bless Us! <3

9. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Dec 12, 2011

I second Starfall, that one always had what I needed for my lifeskills classes and I could sit and click for them, but we were able to use a switch as well. Don't know if it works offline.

10. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Dec 12, 2011

We used lexia at a school I used to work at but it is a bit pricey.