I need a behavior plan

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by woobie5, Nov 4, 2009.

1. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Nov 4, 2009

I need a short term behavior plan to use with two students who have the hardest time staying on task. Any ideas?

3. tiffharmon2001

tiffharmon2001 Comrade

Nov 4, 2009

Use microsoft word to make a 2 column table with as many rows as you need to divide up your day. On the left column, put in a picture that represents a portion of the day (I use a sun for coming in time, a flag for pledges and calendar, and stick figure for walking in line, etc) in each box. Leave the right column blank. If the child is successful during that portion of the day put a stamp in the empty box. If not, leave it blank. You might try having the child stamp his own chart also.

Decided on a reasonable number of stamps to earn some sort of reward (my son uses a chart like this and he has to earn 4 stamps to get a sticker on his chart). Start small and increase the number needed to earn the reward as time goes on. Also, work with the parents to come up with a BIG reward if he earns all the stamps for the day (my son gets to visit Petco and see the animals or we stop by Sonic for a slush).

I've used this method successfully with several students and it is working pretty well for my son. He doesn't always earn all of his stamps, but sometimes he does and we make a REALLY big deal about it. And, with the chart, I as a mom can look at it and immediately see where his problem times of day are and can talk to him about it.

4. tiffharmon2001

tiffharmon2001 Comrade

Nov 4, 2009

If you would like a copy of it, PM me your e-mail and I can send it to you from school tomorrow.

5. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Nov 6, 2009

I pm'd you my email address ... did you get it? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!