I must be forgetting something!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Annie227, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Annie227

Annie227 Companion

Aug 23, 2008

Monday will start my 5th year of teaching (but only 2nd at this school/grade level)- it's Saturday and I feel completely relaxed. I've never been this calm the weekend before school starts and it's kind of freaking me out.
    We had the Open House/Meet & Greet on Friday - that was also very relaxing. I had 13 of my 16 show up. My kids all seem really sweet and the parents were positive and supportive. A lot of my students appear to be very shy (we'll see how long that lasts) - which is a huge change from my extremely chatty class last year.
    I left school at 4 pm yesterday and don't think I need to go in at all this weekend. My lesson plans are prepared, desks are ready, supplies/materials are prepared......... I am still convinced that there has to be something I'm forgetting!

3. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Aug 23, 2008

Maybe it's just a sign that you have fallen into your groove! Congrats and enjoy the new year!

4. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2008

I agree...you have reached a new level.
    You knew exactly what needed to be done and did it.
    You no longer need to debate what lessons will work and for how long.
    You have fillers ready to go and no longer need to search and create all the time.
    You have made and made games, BB, letters, etc and now you can simply use them.
    Have fun! The work load will return.

5. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Aug 24, 2008

My team mates and I were talking about that on Friday. You always feel like there's something else you could be doing! Let's enjoy this last little calm before tomorrow rolls around!