I miss my friend :(

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scienceteach82, Apr 15, 2009.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Apr 15, 2009

The only good thing that came from being with my LOSER ex was me getting to know his best friend. Odd...yes...but in another world we might have been together.
    We connected on such a level that I never have been with anyone else.
    I was very sheltered before I met my ex (of 5 years)...and he was heavy into drugs...and I honestly had no clue until a year into the relationship...then I thought I could 'help' him...haha.
    His best friend was always there for me...and became one of my best friends too. He eventually joined the army...and got married to someone that he met online (after only 3 months)...they eventually got divorced...imagine that.
    He was very religious before I met him...then got involved with some drugs (not heavy like my ex)...and after his divorce he again became very religious. To the point of not talking to really anyone from his past.
    We've spoken on and off the past few years...but I truly miss him. Not in a being in love sort of way...but a really good friend.
    I text him happy b-day since it was his b-day today...and I know he doesn't celebrate it anymore (jehova witness)...but he called while I was in class to say thank you. I wish I could have picked up...and now he doesn't answer.

blah...just feeling...blah...

thanks for listening!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2009

:hugs: st!

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 15, 2009

So you finally broke up w/ the guy who had the daughter who you babysat like every weekend huh! That's for the best anyway. Well, hopefully missing this other guy is just a temporary feeling. Many things come & go in life, including people, so we have to move on.

Now, onto another phase of your life.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 15, 2009

I understand missing your friend. I had a guy friend who was friends with an ex of mine in college (long story but I met them both on the same night and we hung out including my now husband) :lol: Well, after I broke up with the college guy the friend and I still talked and met up once in a while. We would go to museums or just chat. He was the most interesting guy I knew. We never really hooked up romantically. He always had a gf and I always had a bf but that didn't seem to deter our friendship. Since I got married 3 years ago we have chatted maybe 10 times online and havn't met up at all. I miss my friend too :(

6. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Apr 15, 2009

Oh St, I've been following your story for the most part... unfortunatly not this past week. But I'm assuming you broke up with the BF?

I too have had a friend from college that I dearly miss but it's so hard to get together now. It stinks but sometimes you have to just take that first step and ask the person to do something as simple as meeting for a coffee to get things going again. Life is too short to miss people that you care about.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2009

I think this is an ex from awhile..not current bf.

8. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Apr 15, 2009

thanks for responses...was guy before current one...

9. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Apr 15, 2009

Oh :) thanks for the clarification!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 15, 2009

Oh, ok.