I Love My Team This Year

Discussion in 'General Education' started by KinderCowgirl, Dec 14, 2014.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Dec 14, 2014

It makes such a big difference when you work with people who don't care about the drama and are open to collaboration. Almost everyone except me is new to our school this year, so we could start out all being on the same page. No one says anything bad about anyone else (that I've ever heard anyway). We eat lunch together every day (I've never done that with a team before, believe it or not). And we are doing a cookie exchange with just our team next week. I just feel like everyone is positive and a team player. It's nice when a team can come together like that! ;)

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Dec 14, 2014

It makes a world of difference! Was you who had a difficult team last year?? I can´t remember.

4. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Dec 14, 2014

I was on an island last year Tami (and not in a good tropical vacation kind of way)-at least that's what it felt like. Such a difference....

5. comaba

comaba Cohort

Dec 14, 2014

So glad for you!

My team changes a little every year it seems, switching out one or two people at a time. Even so, our team has always been tight-knit professionally. We aren't best friends. We don't do anything outside of school together. But, we all have each others' backs, we all support each other, and there is no drama among the members. It's quite a different dynamic from other grade level teams in our school. I don't know why, especially with changing personnel, but so glad for it!

6. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Dec 14, 2014

That's awesome!

At my school, there are only 2 classes at my grade level, but the 2 of us get along really well, and I'm super grateful for that.

At my old school, there were 12 of us!! Thankfully, it was a great working environment - we all got along well. Actually, my "work bff", who taught a different grade, moved to my former grade when I left because her grade was a lot of...drama. She LOVES it this year. She says the team makes all the difference!

7. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Dec 14, 2014

That's great! I've been so fortunate that I've always had a good team. My team has always changed some from year to year even when I'm in the same school (new positions, people leaving, etc.) so I've worked on a somewhat different team every year, and I've always had a good experience! I tend to think working on a bad team would be even worse than working for bad admin because you have to be with your team constantly.

8. teachjoy

teachjoy Rookie

Dec 15, 2014

That's fantastic! It makes all the difference when you have that kind of positive collaboration and genuine care and respect for one another.