I Love It When People Are Thoughtful

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Jul 10, 2012.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 10, 2012

So I'm coming home from teaching summer school and decide to stop at the store. My dog loves the new Rachel Ray dog food (it's hard to find food she'll actually eat). Someone left a coupon for buy 2 get one free right on the shelf--like they couldn't use it, but maybe someone could. I know it's only like $2.00, but I thought that was a very nice thing to do.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2012

Nice. I have a bunch of coupons for things I'll never buy--I think I'll take them to the store and leave them.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2012

Pay it forward.:D

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2012

That's nice!

6. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 10, 2012

Yay!
    A fireworks sales stand was in the parking lot of our grocery market. For every $10 spent in the store, a certain amount of free fireworks were offered. I spent $30 but had no interest in the fireworks so I asked the sales clerk to save the receipt for someone who would use it (not realizing a dad with his kids were in line behind me). The cashier handed the receipt to the kids behind me and asked the dad if they could use it. Their eyes said it all. :) It was a nice moment.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 10, 2012

Yes, that's nice!

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 10, 2012

That's great!

I usually only cut coupons for things I use, but from time to time I've had one that I'm not going to use, and I've left it on the shelf. Sometimes I'll offer it to the person I see picking the item off the shelf. Most times people are appreciative, but once a lady did tell me that she didn't use coupons. Geez.

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 10, 2012

I have seen a bunch of coupons left on shelves. It is nice that people share their coupons! One time I was standing in line at the store and a woman gave me an extra 20% off coupon she had (I think it was Kohl's). Some people are extremely thoughtful.

10. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 10, 2012

Yeah, I know it's a little thing-but it literally made me smile at the grocery store :D . I'm not a coupon cutter myself-just can't keep track, they'll expire before I remember to use them-but if I have one in my hand-for something I'm buying anyway, you better believe I'll use it! ;)

11. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2012

Does anyone remember the coupon exchange tables they used to have at the grocery stores?

12. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2012

I really don't recall, but our local grocery chain keeps coupons on a bulletin board (similar).

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2012

wow; that was rude of her. :(

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2012

Waterfall...I don't remember those, but my mom says at her office they do that... I think that would be great to have in a teacher's lounge...

Kinder...love finding coupons like that. I know we have left coupons if we have a different one for a different brand or something.

15. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jul 10, 2012

We do that in our lounge. You just bring in the inserts after you take the coupons you want. Everyone always looks through them. I work with a great group of people.

It makes me happy when I see people have tucked a coupon in front of an item at the store. It restores my faith in humanity. Random acts of kindness are so rare today.

16. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 11, 2012

People in my building are always asking for the Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons; it used to be they didn't expire but now the 20% off is only good for a certain number of days.