I know you all will be so proud and happy for me!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MsBee, May 5, 2009.

1. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 5, 2009

I finally have my first job interview this month!!!! I have a lot of little screening interviews but now I have a real school interview. I'm so excited!!!
    BUT......................

(always a but)

Its so early in the hiring season. Should I take the first job that is offered to me or wait it out a bit. Its not exactly in the area I want to live in or the grade I want to teach but its a job.

I kindof feel like I should go on the interview for the experience but wait the job out. Hmmmm

3. AFWifeinUtah

AFWifeinUtah Comrade

May 5, 2009

First of all good luck on your interview! Secondly if it was me and it was offered, I'd take it. I don't know about your area, but where I am at the competition is incredibly fierce.

4. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

May 5, 2009

I agree!!!

5. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 5, 2009

It's out of state so I don't really know much about the area. I'm confused. I am going to go and feel it out and if it seems like a good fit I may just take it!!!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 5, 2009

Good luck! In this economy, I would take it!

7. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

May 5, 2009

Good luck!! I think I'd take it if it were offered to me!

8. palla

palla Companion

May 5, 2009

Good luck, MsBee!! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about the interview.

If you are offered the job, ask for a few days to consider. That will give you time to research the area and debate your options.

9. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 5, 2009

EXACTLY!!!! Good question!! You should post it on the boards. That is a great question.

10. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 5, 2009

Thanks Palla and everyone!!

11. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

May 5, 2009

Congrats--- I had to move for this job (it was in state but still) and it was a grade I was never prepared for to teach in. I don't regret it though (as exhausted as I am). I hope you find it a wonderful fit for you :)

12. AMB

AMB Rookie

May 5, 2009

TAKE IT!

I'm a firm believer in what is meant to be will always work out.

And I think "it's still early" is relative. By this time last year, I had had SIX interviews (and only one of those was a screening interview.) This year, I've only had one so far, (one more tomorrow) and no good news YET.

PLUS, worst of all, most of the openings that have been posted (in my area) are now closed. I know(hope/pray) there may be more openings added later, but the initial waves of openings in our area have all been filled for the most part. My co-teacher had a job, my other co-teacher had an interview today and has a good chance of getting it....

So if you get an offer and the school seems decent, I would take it.

13. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

May 5, 2009

I say..if you get an offer....take it...if you think you will be reasonably happy, that is. Good luck on your interview!

14. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 5, 2009

I will be happy teaching anywhere BUT I won't be happy living just anywhere. Thats the issue. I will be moving alone and know no one there. Thats how I live now and I hate it.

15. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

May 5, 2009

If your gut level tells you this is a decent job take it. As far as living alone you may have to go out there and take up some hobbies or classes or even go to church to start a social life. Maybe you could advertise for a roommate. Good luck.

16. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 5, 2009

Well I'm going to just chill until I have the interview because I haven't even been offered the job yet. I will def try to see the area when I am there. I'm so nervous. Off to the interview thread!!!

17. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 5, 2009

Congratulations on the interview! I would ask for time after being made an offer and think about it. I thought that I would enjoy living in a rural area last year and ended up hating it and being so far away from everyone that I know made it impossible. So just think and it over, because if you're miserable because of where you are living it makes teaching much harder. Good luck!

18. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

May 5, 2009

Take the job! It's a foot in the door. You can always look for a new position in a year or two, and you'll be much more hire-able because of your experience. Take it! There are so many people searching for jobs today..........Good luck!