I keep Getting Sick!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Mrs.Z., Feb 2, 2009.

1. Mrs.Z.

Mrs.Z. Companion

Feb 2, 2009

Arrrgh! It seems like every single week, I have a new cold, or strep, or the flu. I knew starting at new school this year was going to expose me to all the new germs, but jeez! I have been sick almost every week since we got back from winter break.

I take emergen-C sometimes, but it doen's seem to be helping me as it did in the past. What do you do to stay healthy?:confused:

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 2, 2009

Oh no! What a drag!

If you don't already do these things, please do these:

Maybe you should try to be safer at school, meaning keeping a supply of Clorox wipes at all times & wipe down phones, keyboards, your desk, & other high traffic areas on a regular basis.

Also, keep a pump bottle of hand sanitizing gel & use a few times or several times a day.

Also, I constantly remind my students to cover their mouths & even turn their heads when they sneeze or cough.

4. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Feb 3, 2009

hopefully your school has windows. at my previous school, we had a ton of windows which i used to keep open even in the winter time so some fresh air could circulate through.

i must say i am surrprised you keep getting sick, even if you are at a new school my first year teachin, i must have had about 12 colds. my second year teaching i am at a new school building and i caught one really really bad cold at the beginning of the year that lasted like a month, then (except for an awful bout of food poisoning) i've been fine *knock on wood*