i keep bookmarks

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by lcluigs03, Dec 15, 2007.

1. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Dec 15, 2007

does anyone use this site? i just started and when i got home to use it (i've been setting it up at school) my popup blocker blocks the screen for me to add sites. i've tried hitting the "allow popup" button and it still gets blocked. how do i fix this so i can easily add links to my bookmarks?

thanks
    LC

3. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Dec 15, 2007

I'm not sure what site you're talking about, but it could help to hold down the Ctrl key while you click. Also, I find that sometimes if you use Firefox at home (like I do), there are some sites that you need Internet Explorer for, because Firefox doesn't allow certain popups.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2007

5. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Dec 15, 2007

yes...it's www.ikeepbookmarks.com i love it, but am having trouble with this popup stuff. i did go online to look in their "help" section and it doesn't say anything about popup blockers. i also tried to do the ctrl key thing and it didn't work. i do not use firefox as i'm not a big fan of it. so that's not the issue either. maybe i just have to do it manually instead of using their popup window to make it easier. DARN!

LC

6. smithf1

smithf1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2007

Hi LC,
    Can you have 2 browser windows open at the same time? If so, have one open to iKeepBookmarks and the other open to the site you want. Copy the URL and use the "add" feature in iKeepBookmarks. This is more cumbersome than using the add pop up window, but does work.

7. wig

wig Devotee

Dec 22, 2007

I had the same problem. Every time I thought it was "fixed", t would come back. I finally switched to http://portaportal.com. I have not had any problems with it and use it to set up pages for my students, as my personal one. Here is one I set up for my Social Studies classes. http://guest.portaportal.com/socstudies

8. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

Dec 23, 2007

They have something on the main page about not being compatible with IE anymore. Instead you have to open IE and export your bookmarks into a file. Then you can import the saved file into their site.