I Identify as..

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Guitart, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Guitart

Guitart Comrade

Dec 12, 2021

I knew this was going to happen. It was only a matter of time before it was taken to another level. Since we have to be sensitive and understanding to people identifying as a gender, race, ethnicity of their choice, we now have people who "identify as animals".

My friend's daughter is a high school custodian and has been cleaning up extra messes lately. Some students, that are known as "Furries", have demanded the school to provide them with a litter box in the bathroom. In the meantime, they have been using the floor. Yes, I mean peeing and pooping on the bathroom floor! Everyone knows who is doing it but nothing can be done. Their diverse lifestyle must be accepted.

Wake me up when this is over.

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 13, 2021

I'm sorry, WHAT??????? I really hope you're just messing with us and it's a joke.

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 13, 2021

I get gender identification but furries. SMH. Sorry.

5. LaFish

LaFish Rookie

Dec 13, 2021

Isn’t that a health code violation? Pooping in a box or on the floor would violate many health codes, right?

6. stargirl

stargirl Comrade

Dec 13, 2021

Sorry but that crosses a line (if true). Disgusting.
    What's the school's game plan though? I can't imagine they are going to provide litter boxes. So are they going to try to find the perpetrators? Then what??

7. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Dec 13, 2021

I'm familiar with the furry community thanks to a few of my own former students. This is NOT a thing, and someone is screwing with someone.

8. tchr4vr

tchr4vr Comrade

Dec 14, 2021

I wouldn't put it past these students for it to be a thing. I had two students attend drama club at the beginning of the year this year who were dressed as cats, and spent the club meowing, chasing their tails and licking themselves. Now, I get some strange birds, but this was even a little odd for me, and the other students. I asked the students to stop, because I assumed it was just one of those cosplay things, or just kids thinking it was drama, so why not. They got very offended and left. I have seen these students around campus, always dressed as cats, complete with tails and whiskers. I have asked several other teachers, and they are meowing answers, asking to curl up in the corner, and wanting to be cats throughout the day. I know they've been sent to guidance several times. They haven't gone so far as in the OPs post, but I do wonder at times if there is a line that needs to be drawn, and if there is, what is it, who determines it, and how do we make sure those who need protection get it.

Tired Teacher and stargirl like this.
  9. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 14, 2021

No animals at school? Therefore they cannot come?

Tired Teacher likes this.
  10. Guitart

Guitart Comrade

Dec 14, 2021

Hey, I'm just the messenger.
    My friend called me and asked if I had any "Furries" at my school. I was like, "A what?"
    He then proceeded to tell me all this, with his daughter talking in the background.

I had to look it up in the urban dictionary. So apparently there are harmless furries that talk the talk. Then there are those that also walk the walk. And of course, you get some wacko extremists. That is what this school is dealing with. This is a suburban school with your entitled rich kids that his daughter works at. In another district, near his rural house, is another affluent community with the elite kids in our metro area. He told me that school is also dealing with problems from furries too.

Back in 77', I saw a movie in the theater about a guy who was dissatisfied with life and wanted to be a tree. In the end, he metamorphosed into a tree. It was a dumb movie, but movies were free on the naval base. It was supposed to be fantasy. Today, we have to take these people seriously. If we don't, they will get an attorney, and believe me, they'll find one, and we are forced to accept their escape from reality.

And here I thought "Bronies" was weird. Look that one up.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  11. Muffymay

Muffymay Rookie

Dec 14, 2021

The school should insist that they get spayed or neutered. That might change their tunes a little.

12. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Dec 15, 2021

That should put an end to it!

Guitart- Are the parents backing their kids? If yes, what little hope I had for society will be gone. I have only met 1 in my life. She was whacked. She wasn't even a student.

13. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 15, 2021

OMG I'm dying!!!! HAHAHA

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 15, 2021

HAVE YOUR PETS SPAYED OR NEUTERED! Sincerely, Bob Barker

tigger88 and SpecialPreskoo like this.