I have to brag!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by runnerss, Oct 12, 2008.

1. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Oct 12, 2008

I seriuosly have the best adminstration ever! This is my 3rd school and this school by far has the most pressure. Not in a bad way, they want their kids to succeed, but there is still pressure. Anyways, my adminstration tries to help relieve some of the pressure. For example, one time they bought the entire school Sonic Drinks! In Texas, Sonic is number 1 for Soda! Then they have what is called Friday Frenzie and they give out treats to the staff. Yesterday they bought thte entire staff smoothies from a place called Keeva Juice. Next week, I get to go to the office, draw a name and the person's name that i draw is going to come to my classroom for 45 minutes and give me an extra break (this is on top of my conference)! We have parent conferences next week ( we have to meet with EVERY parent) and they know the extra work it creates for us so they wanted to help us out by giving us extra time to relax. They are so supportive!!! I love it here:D

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 12, 2008

WOW! I love your school! I love sonic too. What did you order? I love their Cherry Limaide. Their ice rocks. Hahaha.

We have breakfast Fridays and the chocolate club but it is run by the staff.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 12, 2008

You better stay at that school as long as humanly possible & count your blessings! It seems to be getting rarer & rarer to work at a school w/ great, supportive admins. Enjoy!

5. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Oct 12, 2008

Any jobs opening up there? WOW! You are very lucky!

6. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 12, 2008

I'm so glad you work at such a great school.

I'm more annoyed this year, but my school is really an awesome place to work. The administration is great at feeding us, and last year they even offered free, professional massages to everyone.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 12, 2008

Nope, I have the best administration ever.

But yours sounds nice too :)

8. Yank7

Yank7 Habitué

Oct 12, 2008

I think this is wonderful,but how much support does your administration give you if there is a problem with a parent or a student? Do they help you if you have a question about how to improve your teaching or interacting with your class? Do they constantly give you compliments to show their appreciation for the great job you are doing.If this is all true you are very lucky.
    My principal is having a staff development day for teacher workshops at a catering hall,but it is worthless, as she is spending a great deal of money,yet during the year plays favorites,tries to catch teachers doing something wrong,always supports the parents over the teacher not on her kiss -ass list and our four administrators combined haven't had a worthwhile teaching idea in the ten years they have been there.
    I'm sorry I guess your great fortune just set off something which bothers me about my school all the time.

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 12, 2008

Nope, mine scores well there too.

They're very big on being kept in the loop. They hate to hear about a problem from a parent first. But as long as we're up front about any issues, we can absolutely count on them to back us up.

New teachers are assigned a mentor. There's a New Teacher meeting every Tuesday afternoon with the AP. He covers anything from the upcoming assembly to progress grades to what kind of "Do Now" problems are the most successful.

Yank, I'm sorry you're in such a bad position.

10. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Oct 12, 2008

Awesome! I wish my school was like this!! We never get any kind of prizes or things to keep us motivated!

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 12, 2008

And where in TX are you? ;)

That is awesome about your administration! I would stay there as lon gas possible!

12. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Oct 12, 2008

About 4 times a year our parent association brings an espresso cart onto campus. It's a fundraiser as the profits go to the school for the parents who buy coffee, but they give all the staff free drinks! Woo-hoo!

We also have wine and cheese with the P after any evening event like parent night or open house.

13. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Oct 12, 2008

If administrators realized how much the little things meant to us, I bet they would do more. For instance, one day when I don't have planning time I have students with me for 3 hours and 45 minutes straight - a quick bathroom break covered by someone from the office would be heaven!

14. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Oct 12, 2008

We get teacher money that can go towards drawings and prizes, just like the kids do in our school. We also have meals with Chick Fil A or from a pizza place every once in a while for our staff. Our school is exciting and friendly. They are also very supportive of parental and student issues.

15. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Oct 12, 2008

Oh they are amazing at this too!!! They will come by just to say hi to the kids. I am 100% backed up when it comes to parents or students. They give constant praise about great things that they see. If they see a problem they will help you fix it. They are so great!!!!

16. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Oct 12, 2008

Am I going to have to put on boxing gloves?!!! :lol: I am glad you have a great one too. There are few truly amazing adminstrations

17. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Oct 12, 2008

i just like a simple diet dr pepper. YUM!!!!