??? I have no clue how to answer this question for a job application???

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Peachyness, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2011

1. Ability to read well, write correctly, and communicate effectively with children and adults.

In the directions, they said that for each question, they want you to share your personal experience and abilities. Any ideas on how to tackle this one?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2011

Give your thoughts on the power of communication.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2011

Give examples, if you can, of times you've reached out to parents.

In my case, I would probably include the phone call I made Tuesday night to check in on my SAT fainter.

I think the key phrase is "personal EXPERIENCE." Give some concrete examples.

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2011

Ah... so, I had created weekly communication notes for my parents when I taught kindergarten and the Wednesday Folder for my fifth graders. In addition every year I created a website. Do you think this is what they are looking for?

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2011

Maybe an example of written communications as well between parents and teacher or student and teacher.

7. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 9, 2011

Maybe also what type of written communication will you give a child if he/she has to do an independent project. What types of guidelines? Would you include due dates/calendar? Check-in's for student progress? Grading rubrics?

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2012

I know this is a super old thread, but I'm applying to another job and again, they also asked the same question. They didn't emphasize personal experience, but I added some anyways. How does this sound?

As an educator, I am aware of the power of communication and language. Teaching students how to read, write, and communicate is a complicated, yet very rewarding task. Thus, it is important to not only know how to approach this subject area, but to also model it appropriately in formal and informal situations. When I worked as a classroom teacher, I created and managed a classroom website in order to share our adventures through the year. I loved to call home and tell parents how wonderful their child was doing in class. My favorite part of the day was reading aloud to my students, whether I taught kindergarten or fifth grade.