I have an issue.

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Learner4Life, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Jul 28, 2012

HGTV is my issue. I LOVE IT!!!!
    Like I want to hang out in hardware stores just so I can be on Bath Crashers/House Crashers/Yard Crashers (though my dad just crashed my yard so that might not be as cool)!!! Sadly, I live in Montana and they will probably never come my way. :mad:
    And then I watch other shows and get ideas that I can't afford to put into place.
    And Design Star has been my guilty pleasure this summer. Sad it's over.

3. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Jul 28, 2012

Hahahahaha!! I share this addiction - some people dream of winning lottery - I fantasize that the yard crash/kitchen crash/ bathroom crash/ and whoever else, will decide to save my home from my ineptitude! I try to see which home improvement stores they go to, but alas, it's not the big box one my boyfriend and I go to...ah well. (I'm also addicted to the cooking shows that make EVERYTHING look so so easy.) And I wish I was as handy as the woman on ...don't remember the name of show. renovation addict or something like that. She's this tiny attractive woman who can make every major reno look easy while her hair and nails all look super. ...and she has a cute chicago accent. Total girl crush - I'd settle for her ability to reno a house.

4. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Jul 29, 2012

I would REALLY love it if Bath Crashers came to my house and converted my downstairs bath/laundry room into a spa/luxury/with laundry access room!!! Actually they could convert my entire downstairs into the master bedroom of my DREAMS!!!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2012

I LOVE HGTV!!! It's always on my TV. I wish those shows would come help my house!

Who won Design Star? I know it was between Brittney (who I wanted to win) and Danielle.

6. Sunflower883

Sunflower883 Rookie

Jul 29, 2012

I also love this show!! She knows so much!! I wish I was her apprentice. :)

7. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jul 29, 2012

I use to watch the channel everyday but once I got sick of house hunters I stopped watching the whole network. I was also irritated they stopped showing Living with Ed (which is now shown on another channel and may not have ever been on hgtv but I think it was).

I still watch old episodes of Flip this House on A&E Saturday mornings. I must have seen every episode they show 100 times because they don't show the original cast (since they stole the show idea from them and lost a court battle over it) and they don't show their original Atlanta cast (because the guy they featured was a con artist).

8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 29, 2012

Danielle won.

I liked Brittney better too.

9. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2012

I used to like HGTV when I first bought my house and fancied myself as a suburbanite, Honda driving, Home Depot Shopping, salmon grilling yuppie.

Then I realized that I hated gardening more than a German beer hangover and it was more cost effective to hire a contractor to do any given task than to do it myself.

Now we are much happier to watch Mad Men and drink and leave the "home and garden" stuff to professionals.

10. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Jul 29, 2012

I liked Brittney better too! I just felt like she was one I would be more likely to watch.

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 30, 2012

Danielle did a great job in her mini-show that was filmed in that last segment. Brittney did a great job, too. I really thought they'd pick her because she was beautiful.

I want the Property Brothers to come to my house. They can redesign things if they want, but it won't be necessary.