I have an interview tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by littlepearl, Jul 13, 2010.

1. littlepearl

littlepearl Rookie

Jul 13, 2010

My first interview since I went back to get my teaching certification in PA. I have not interviewed for a teaching position in over 10 years and have no idea what they'll ask, what I should wear, bring, etc. I have to crash study. Can current English teachers or HS teachers help me out?

Also, what should I wear?

This is for a LTS position at one of the Districts of my choice. Woo Hoo!!! It would be a fantastic opportunity (other than a long term) to get my foot in the door.

3. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 13, 2010

I can't help you in the English area but as far as dress definitely wear a suit. I think here in PA a nice looking suit is the only acceptable attire for an interview.

Let's see, other thoughts... be prepared to talk about how you can prepare the students for the PSSA, I'd also suggest finding out where this district stands as far as AYP so you can either talk about how you can help them get to AYP or continue on the path they are on, discuss your classroom management style and disciplinary process, how do you motivate students to read and write that don't want to read and write, what technology do you plan to use and how, how do you maintain parent communication, describe a typical class period (and be sure to know if they're on a longer block schedule so you can discuss how to teach an 80 minute class if that's what they have).

Best of luck to you!

4. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 13, 2010

Good luck! Read through the interview questions/practice thread. It is really helpful and provides lots of sample questions that are asked in interviews.

5. springmac

springmac Companion

Jul 13, 2010

Good luck, from a fellow Pennsylvanian!

6. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2010

Good luck!