I have an interview at a company called Bright Horizons. Can anyone tell me anything

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by tgpii, Mar 2, 2008.

1. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 2, 2008

I have an interview at a company called Bright Horizons. Can anyone tell me anything about this company? The interview is for Program Coordinator. Can anyone tell me pay scale or anything else about this job? If I posted this in the wrong spot, I am sorry and PLEASE let me know ASAP

TGPII :confused:

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 2, 2008

Have you tried googling them? I haven't heard of them here.

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Mar 2, 2008

I've heard of them but I don't know anything. Good luck.

5. japanesemacaque

japanesemacaque Rookie

Mar 2, 2008

I have heard of BH... they are a "chain" pre-school, along the lines of Primrose and Stepping Stone and the like. You should have some job security with them as they've been around for awhile. They should also have a website, maybe even the particular school you're applying at has one as well. I'd really recommend googling them, you'll find lots of information. Hope that helped!

6. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Mar 2, 2008

I can't really tell you much either, but just wanted to say good luck as well.

7. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 2, 2008

http://www.brighthorizons.com

This is there website: www.brighthorizons.com They clam Bright Horizons Named One of FORTUNE’s “100 Best” for 9th Time. Anyways. They are a chain but a smaller chain. I notice most chains are international.

8. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 3, 2008

Should I wear a tie to the interview or is this overdressed? I worked at a day care

Should I wear a tie to the interview or is this overdressed? I worked at a day care that was casual, so when I interview at another I work dress but not a tie only to find out I had to wear a tie. The last place I worked I dress nice no tie it was casual. Not sure if I should wear a tie? I dress up, look nice, but I feel for the industry as a hole a tie may be too much. It is for a supervisor position, (Program Coordinator). Does anyone know about the position and is it salary or hourly? Anyone else got any hints/pointers? I do have a resume/portfolio. It has my cover letter, reference letters, transcripts, and copies of degrees, copy of CPR card and copy of food and sanitation license. Plus I am in the National Guard. Should I bring that up or will that be a negative? This is more information on the position:

Send to Printer | Close Window

Program Coordinator

Company: Bright Horizons
    Base Pay: N/A
    Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
    Industry: Education - Teaching - Administration
    Manages Others: no
    Job Type: Education
    Req'd Education: 2 Year Degree
    Req'd Experience: At least 3 year(s)
    Req'd Travel: Negligible
    Relocation Covered: No
    Posted Date: 2/26/2008

Fax: Not Available Ref ID: 45593

DESCRIPTION

You will have the opportunity to provide overall leadership, guidance and supervision of one or more programs, ensuring the teaching team provides a safe and nurturing environment for children that encourages their social, emotional, physical and intellectual development. You will guide and collaborate with your teaching team to design and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum according to the guidelines established by Bright Horizons and NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children). Ensure the safety and supervision of children at all times by meeting the physical demands of the position. As a supervisor, you will support your team’s professional growth by providing leadership, direction, coaching and training for staff.

REQUIREMENTS
    Must be 18 years of age with an AA, BA, MA in ECE or a related field or CDA, with a minimum of 4 college-level early childhood courses completed. Must have excellent communication skills, strong knowledge in and ability to lead faculty in implementing a DAP (developmentally appropriate practices) curriculum and new education programs, strong supervisory, leadership and organizational skills, ability to evaluate and give feedback to staff while coaching for high performance. A minimum of 4-5 years of documented professional teaching experience with young children required. Individual state and center requirements may apply.

[Close window]

9. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 8, 2008

yeah, do the business-dress tie thing... it sounds like a traveling, office position...I don't think they will get you with the working interview, where you are thrown in with the twos and ravioli!

good luck, I talked to them a couple of times...but wasn't my cup of tea. Oh, and I think they have a Loop office too. A lot of sites were corporate child care, or temporary child care. I am sure that is the same place.

10. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 9, 2008

I already got the rejection letter, but I sent them the thank you letter.

I already got the rejection letter, but I sent them the thank you letter.

11. tm91784

tm91784 Comrade

Mar 9, 2008

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you find something soon :)

12. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 9, 2008

Oh well, their loss! :)

Try these:

npo.net non-profit jobs
    illinoisjobnetwork.com
    simplyhired.com
    HigherEdjobs.com
    chicago naeyc - click on job opportunties
    chicagojobs.com

Have you tried: Jane Addams Hull House, Catholic Charities, Lutheran Social Services, Ounce of Prevention, YMCA, Easter Seals ???

13. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 10, 2008

One of my old jobs wanted me back, the always need people cause they treat everyone like crap. They call me begging me to come back. I was like no way lol. Why is it I see jobs online, but have a hard time getting them?

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 10, 2008

tgpii, you might need to take a look at the overall picture. How does your resume look? Is it in line with the type of job you're wanting? If you're going for a teaching position, then your resume needs to reflect and highlight what teaching experience you have and what you have done there. How are you dressing? Are you dressing the part? How are you answering their interview questions? If you haven't already, I would recommend buying Adam Waxler's ebook Tips for Acing Any Teacher Interview. It has a lot of great suggestions regarding resumes, philosophies, and how to answer interview questions. Good luck! I know job hunting is tough, but know that your perfect job is out there you.

15. japanesemacaque

japanesemacaque Rookie

Mar 11, 2008

suggestion on interviews

I had a similiar problem... it took me about 4 months to find my current job, after putting in 5 or so applications/resumes a day! I think what helped seal the deal for me though is a scrapbook I have... I recommend this for anyone in childcare, whether it be teaching, nannying, or whatever. As often as you can when you interact with children, take pictures of yourself with them and save any artwork they give you... any letters from parents complimenting you or from former co-workers/supervisors. Put them all together in a scrapbook... it doesn't have to be a professional crafter's scrapbook, just one place where all your experience can shine together. My book has about 4 notes from parents, 8-10 pictures (including one of me holding a snake and showing it to a group of children, people love that one), my resume and letter of intent, and a letter of recommendation from a former boss. I also threw my dog in there, because I don't want to work for someone who doesn't like my dog. :)

This scrapbook has gotten me 3 jobs that I'm not sure I would have otherwise. It SHOWS your new employer what kind of person you are, rather than you babbling about yourself for 3 minutes. Just a suggestion :)

16. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 11, 2008

YES, the jobs either don't pay, or not near me. I did all those sites.

17. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 11, 2008

My resume is in the resume forum.

18. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 11, 2008

I have a portfolio, it has transcripts, resume, degrees, certifications, and letters of recomendation.