I have a secret.

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Dec 8, 2010

I have a crush on a fellow teacher ;)

I won't act on it because 1) He has a girlfriend, and 2) (more importantly) I think it's really unprofessional to date a co-worker...

I just wanted to get that out! :lol:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2010

What fun.

And how wise of you to know that feeling something doesn't necessarily mean it has to be acted on.

4. Elocin

Elocin Comrade

Dec 8, 2010

Even if you aren't acting on it, it is still nice to have that extra incentive to get out of bed in the morning ;)

5. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Dec 8, 2010

I had a crush at my old school and it made me love going to work even that much more. I dressed better too. The only difference was that he liked me also and I will always somewhat regret not doing anything.

I don't really agree with the whole not dating a co-worker thing (although I think it is very hard) but I do agree that since he has a girlfriend he is off limits.

6. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Dec 8, 2010

I had a crush on our old PE Teacher. It was really bad when I was pregnant because I would have some um....interesting dreams about him lol I was sad when he left....

7. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Dec 8, 2010

I also don't think dating a coworker should be forbidden, but the potential for problems is high!! Now the girlfriend is a whole other situation!

8. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Dec 9, 2010

Funny thing is, I think maybe he's single. He's been coming to my room a lot more to ask questions and we've been chatting again. He's NOT the type to cheat, so I wonder what's going on...he's been mildly flirty...

I like the 'thrill' of having a crush but I still would never act on it.

9. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Dec 9, 2010

You have single, male teachers at your school???

10. Securis

Securis Cohort

Dec 9, 2010

Maybe for guys, the 'thrill' of the crush may be different. I had/ still have a crush for a lady in my school. I purposefully made her aware before I realized she was with someone. How can one know if one does not ask? I know she was flattered, she said so. We go about school without any troubles smiling, teasing, and joking when it's appropriate and all business when it's not. I think we arrived at an unspoken limit as to what we'd be comfortable with and it's turning out to be a great professional relationship. I do think it is dicey to date among people you work with. However, if I had feelings and they were returned, I'd probably disregard my initial hesitation. Circumstance depending, I suppose.

Happy for you Pisce_Fish.