I have a child in class who will scream at teachers

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Myname, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Myname

Myname Comrade

Dec 5, 2006

He will do this and now I have 2 other children who are doing this.
    We ask this child to sit down and he whines and screams no. I don't want to. I have offered choices you can sit here or here you choose. Still nothing. He also throws a fit if he doesn't get his way. He is 5 and a half. was held back from kindergarten not sure on all the reasons. We have talked to his parents about it he has gotten better. However how do we now stop other children from doing it? We have one young immature 3 who will pick up all things that kids say that are bad and mock it.

I have a few kids are who are handfuls. I just don't know how to get on top of it. I will ignore certain behavior and I have told the aide that works with me to ignore some behaviors but she reacts to it. I feel that this is a weak spot and not helping matters.
    I have these kids all day long as it is a daycare program with a full time preschool program. The afternoon part time teachers also see the issues. I can't help but think it is me since I am the lead teacher in this class. We have 3's, 4's, and 5's.
    Part of me thinks it is the mixture of the ages that is causing the problem as well. I just don't know. Any advice would be wonderful.
    We have not split up circle time among the kids. We each take 10 and one teacher will do circle with her group while the other teacher is doing the project with her group. Unless the project is long then we each take our group and do project at the same time.