I got my teacher mojo back today!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by BioAngel, Apr 16, 2010.

1. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Apr 16, 2010

After a few disappointments with interviews, today was finally a success! I talked to a very nice lady who is the head of the middle school--- she was so nice that I was actually calm during the interview (I'm a rather anxious person). :blush: We had a very nice informal chat about the school and where I work now and she said they think I'm a good fit because our schools are VERY similar and the position is for 5th grade science with perhaps a section of 6th grade. I teach 5th grade currently and have experience with 7th graders--- my most favorite range of students to work with.

I'm very excited to say that I will be emailing her what days would work best for me over the next 10 school days to come visit the school, do a formal interview, and a demo lesson.

I've been so depressed lately, which is why I've also been avoiding this teacher forum---- I just can't see myself as a good teacher lately. But today I was CONFIDENT (I read another thread in here about confidence and I swear yes its 95% confidence and 5% what you know) and calm and I'm very excited about this new opportunity.

What's even better is that they're studying physical science--- not my best type of science to teach but my boyfriend is studying to become a physics teacher and is going to be an amazing teacher I already can tell. He's super excited to help me plan my lesson too and I'm sure if there's any content I'm unsure about he'll be able to help me make sense of it. :thumb:

3. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 16, 2010

Great News!!!!!! I wish you the best, and am crossing my fingers that this is the job for you!

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2010

Congratulations...sending positive vibes to you!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2010

That's great! Good luck!

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 16, 2010

My beaker bubbleth over with good wishes for you (thinking of your old avatar).

7. BioAngel

Apr 16, 2010

Actually it was a test tube....
    but I wonder... for old times' sake.

Thank you all for the good wishes! Since February, I've been REALLY needing this! :thumb:

Btw, if anybody needs help with finding a private school position, please let me know as I'd be willing to assist you. I use one company (this is my second time) and they've always been very helpful in getting me a position. :love:

8. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Apr 16, 2010

I love to read good news! Good work, BioAngel!!!! Here's sending you good juju!!!!

9. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 16, 2010

Congratulations BioAngel!

10. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Apr 16, 2010

That's wonderful news! Best wishes for when you go back for the formal interview.

11. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2010

Definitely good news!

12. texjess2010

texjess2010 Companion

Apr 16, 2010

fantastic news! good for you!! wishing you all the best!!!

13. BioAngel

Apr 16, 2010

I sent a list of dates that would cover the next two weeks. I really tried to choose days that I have a light load of classes, but every day I teach at least 3 45-minute classes. I feel bad for missing a day, but I have to do this for myself.

My Supervisor is excited for me--- she's been really busy and hasn't had any time to check up with me (which I really do understand). I let my Principal know about the dates so I will have to miss a day of school--- nothing I can do about that.