I got my student teaching placement!

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Geologygirl, May 24, 2013.

1. Geologygirl

Geologygirl Comrade

May 24, 2013

I got my student teaching placement for next fall at a local area middle school. It is in the district and school level which I most wanted to teach at! The school has a good reputation and all of the students who were placed thier this spring had positive experiances, something which was not true of many of the other student teachers in the past class. I am really excited for the coming fall and am waiting to hear which grades I get assigned to. Does anyone else know what their placement is yet?

3. bros

bros Phenom

May 25, 2013

I probably won't get mine until the middle of August - so like 2-3 weeks before school starts

4. Geologygirl

Geologygirl Comrade

May 25, 2013

You never know. We were told we could be placed any time May through the first month of school to October, and mine came early. I hope yours comes early too!

5. bros

bros Phenom

May 26, 2013

My college never places people this early.

They usually forget to place about 15% of the people who apply for student teaching/field placement.

They typically place people around end of July-middle of August.

They haven't even contacted the district I requested to be placed in

6. fairy_teach00

fairy_teach00 Rookie

May 27, 2013

I didn't get a student teaching placement but I did student teach spring 2013. It was a great experience! My word advice is try to build a effective relationship with your cooperating teacher and students and ask as many questions as you can.

My second placement was at the middle school. It was interesting! Middle school students act like they're grown but still want to impress you. One day they love you and the next they're hormone changes. Middle school can be scary but as long as you develop a relationship with your students, you should be fine. Good luck with everything! Remember, when you student teach, everyday is an "interview." This is your opportunity to prove to your teacher(s) and administrators your teaching abilities. You never know, if there's a potential opening, you may land a job at that school.

7. vivalavida

vivalavida Companion

May 27, 2013

I won't get my placement until August. It will be the first of three placements, however. I hope your student teaching experience is a success!

8. Geologygirl

Geologygirl Comrade

May 31, 2013

Thanks for all the advice Fairyteach-00! vivalavida good luck with your placement. I only recieve one placement for my program but it lasts 20 weeks (sept-the begining of feb). Today I found out I will be teaching 3 periods of 6th grade earth science, and one of 8th grade physical science and observeing two periods with two teachers. I get to meet my master teachers, pick up my info packet and class sylbus next week and hopefully get a book copy. I am super excited!

9. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

Congrats!
    Rebel1

10. blueorcid

blueorcid New Member

Jun 9, 2013

Those of you who have placement what a relief. My school is still trying to find placement and it is not going very well.:crosseyed Hopefully by August I will have something. Good Luck.:D