I got a "NO"

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jobsearching101, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jobsearching101

Jobsearching101 Companion

Jul 2, 2009

The principal called (she is SO nice) and let me know that I made it to #2 of 114 applicants. She said she'd make any calls for me that I wanted her to...they gave the K job to a former first grade teacher. I have no experience in primary, so I understand, but I still feel rejected :(

3. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 2, 2009

I'm sorry, but it sounds like your a great candidate - and it sounds like the principal will be more than willing to keep you in mind next time.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2009

I'm sorry, but you have to feel good about being 2nd out of 114! And you never know, she might have another position open, or know another position in the district.

5. Jobsearching101

Jul 2, 2009

True- that's what I'm hoping. I'm not even kidding you- I think she's a GREAT person and would be so much fun to work for- so I'm sad, very, very sad today :( I feel for all of us that have gotten rejections and send all of you that got "yes" a sincere congratulations.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2009

You're #2, and #1 just got a job.

That makes you her prime candidate if another position opens up!

7. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 2, 2009

That's tough. But being #2 does make it promising to get either another position if something opens up at this school or at another one in the district. Here's hoping she has a contact who is seeking the perfect candidate, you!

8. miss jennifer

miss jennifer Rookie

Jul 2, 2009

I'm so sorry, but making it to number 2 is great! You never know if another position at that school will open up or if she will talk to another P who has an opening.

9. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 2, 2009

{{hugs}} I am sorry you weren't offered the position but I hope you are feeling a little hope of being #2 out of so many applicants. Now you have a prinicpal on your side who has offered to help you out - that is a great reference :)

10. MissLD

MissLD Rookie

Jul 2, 2009

I'm very sorry. I know how the rejection feels, but being #2 out of 114 is amazing!!

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2009

And wouldn't it be cool if #1 got a better offer????

12. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 2, 2009

2 out of 114 is a great accomplishment. I would email the principal and thank her for the interview. THEN, I would ask her to keep you in mind for any future positions that might come up in her school or if she hears of anything in the district. You never know when another position might come up due to class size or a teacher that decides not to come back. She may just call you back yet, with a YES! Stay positive and focused. The next job interview is YOURS! :hugs:

13. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jul 2, 2009

Wow, that's an amazing story! Here's hoping it will be your turn next! (I once was #2 choice, and very soon a position opened up for me)

14. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 2, 2009

very good advice

15. Jobsearching101

Jul 2, 2009

That would be pretty sweet. You know what she said to me? Anyone could retire, resign, die, or get pregnant tomorrow...that doesn't sound so great "die" but who knows!

16. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 2, 2009

This is so true (not the part about dieing) - in my paycheck today were two elementary openings due to retirement. Of course I had to call to find out who and why. Both teachers just decided over the summer they really didn't want to go back. So now having NO openings since February, there are two really unexpected openings.

17. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2009

:hugs: on not getting the job but congrats on being #2...I hope something opens up for you! And I love the advice about the thank you :)

18. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Jul 2, 2009

AS morbid as it sounds, the interview I went on this week was due to the"die" part. It is sad but life still goes on for those left and the positions has to be filled.

19. Jobsearching101

Jul 2, 2009

I'm not even kidding you, we talked on the phone for 30 minutes today. She's new to the district and if it would have been HER decision, I think I would have gotten it. I really hope that something comes of it. Thanks for all of the advice.