I forgot to post!! WalGreen's is having another 10 cent photo

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Dec 26, 2008.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 26, 2008

Eegads! :blush: I'm so sorry; I forgot to post this....WalGreen's is having another 10 cent sale on their photo developing. You have to develop more than 50 pics to qualify. Easy for me to do!
    The sale ends tomorrow; I'm sure they'll be doing another one for New Years? or extend this another week?

PS - the code word to enter is: REASON

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 26, 2008

Excellent! Thanks. I have to get our Christmas card pictures developed tomorrow, and I have about 100 to make. Thanks!

4. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 26, 2008

the CODE word to enter is: REASON

5. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Dec 27, 2008

I can't stand the quality of Walgreens' photo developing. I think it's the most horrible I've ever used. And aside from this sale, they are EXPENSIVE!!!!

Snapfish is the way to go! And if you don't like the idea of the internet or aren't using a digital camera (although Snapfish also has film developing), I would recommend Costco or Sam's Club; both have really good photo services.

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2008

wow; something must definitely with the WalGreen's photolab in your area...my 4x6 digital prints always come out great!
    I picked up my 119 photos this morning at WalGreens and I am thrilled with the quality and price! :D

Now when it comes to the photo Christmas cards...I LOVE Sam's Christmas cards way better than WalGreen's. My friend gets hers done at WalGreens and ewwww...Sam's Christmas photo cards are Beautiful!!

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 27, 2008

I got my 100 prints for cards today, and they were fine for what I needed. I didn't save the best quality like I should have, so they printed the quality I gave them. I'm not going to stress-the 10 cents was a huge help, though!

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2008

What do you mean, Jem?

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 27, 2008

My dh had uploaded the photo to flickr after getting off our camera (he was still in Cali, and I was in MI). He sent me the link, I went to the picture and just right clicked to save it to our USB wand. I should have gone to 'all sizes', selected the largest picture and saved it then, as that's the highest quality picture. They shrunk it a bit on the main page for faster loading time. So it was slightly blurry in the Walgreen's print, as I needed to save it at the highest quality to get a really clear picture.

Does that make sense?

10. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2008

it does :)

11. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Dec 28, 2008

Maybe so, but I've tried 3 different stores nearby, so it must just be my city or something, haha!

I definitely agree about the Christmas cards... I made ours through snapfish and then did the "pick up at walgreens" option. They had cut off part of the left side and part of my stepdaughter's head at the top. Never had that problem anywhere else!!! Next time I'll just pay the extra $5 for shipping, I suppose!

12. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 28, 2008

UPDATE...Walgreen's has extended their 10 cent sale; new CODE word is: DEAL