I finally got the job!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Teacher Gii, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Aug 23, 2013

Last week I got a call from the P I student taught at (she actually wasn't the P there when I completed the teaching). I missed the call but she left a message about wanting to set up an interview and even already knew that I had a baby because I had been staying in touch with my cooperating teacher and she apparently told her when she recommended me for the position. Anywho..I called her back immediately and we spoke and she was telling me how it was going to be for an opening right away and wanted to know if I was interested even though I just had a baby. Since this is an amazing opportunity at my second dream school, I was like "Yes!" So she asked me to call my doctor to see if I could get cleared to come back to work sooner and to let her know what they said..she said if I could come right then that would be great but if not, they would see about getting a sub for the first two weeks (since that would have been all I would have been missing anyway). And then she goes, "Welcome aboard! Are you excited?!" I didn't even really have to interview, though I did interview with her the previous school year..but it was mainly on my cooperating teacher's recommendation :)

I did get a little worried for a little bit because she told me she needed to call the lady in HR and technically HR is supposed to be the one to call and give you the offer..so I didn't get the official call from them until today..which is why I didn't post about the job sooner because I didn't want to jinx it! I went to my new school today and I am going to be in the classroom that my cooperating teacher used to be in (she got promoted to an entirely new position within the division). So it is almost like she left everything just for me. All the books in her classroom library and even a lot of supplies too :)

I am soooooo excited and nervous!! The new position is 5th grade and since they departmentalize, I will be teaching the language arts and writing..and each teacher will teach their own social studies.

3. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Aug 23, 2013

To those still looking..don't give up. I was close to giving up myself but I decided to let things fall into place. Last minute positions do become available!

4. LMichele

LMichele Cohort

Aug 23, 2013

Congratulations!

5. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 24, 2013

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

6. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 24, 2013

Congratulations! :)

7. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 24, 2013

Congrats!

8. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 24, 2013

Congratulations!

9. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Aug 24, 2013

Congrats....that is so exciting.

I have been getting alot of calls this past week but for TA/Para positions.......a job is a job and a foot in the door so it's all good.....I am so OCD I prefer to start BEFORE the kids arrive, lol.

10. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Aug 24, 2013

What a wonderful story! I am very happy for you. So, what did the doctor say?

11. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Aug 24, 2013

Congratulations. When do you start? Did you get it cleared with your doctor yet?

12. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Aug 24, 2013

CONGRATS!!! :D

13. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Aug 25, 2013

The doctor cleared me and I actually start tomorrow (Monday). Kind of fast, but you have to do what you have to do.

14. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Aug 25, 2013

Congratulations!

15. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Aug 25, 2013

Wonderful......at least you will get some time before the kids get there to do some type of prep......is it a NNews school?

16. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Aug 26, 2013

Congratulations on your new baby and your new job!

17. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2013

Congrats!!

18. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Aug 27, 2013

Why yes it is lol

And thank you everyone! It is an exciting time but also a very hectic one. Just trying to manage it all the best that I can.

19. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Aug 27, 2013

@Teacher_Gii I have an interview today for an Instructional Asst position with a NNews school........I've heard wonderful things about their school system.

20. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Aug 27, 2013

How did it go!? I do like their school system very much..but that could be because I have lived here my entire life and did my student teaching here. I like their new teacher mentor program because my mentor is actually AT my school so I can see her at any time versus the one I just left where the mentor was a retired teacher that you only saw maybe once a week..I guess you could see them more if you requested it but otherwise, it seems more convenient and supportive with having my mentor at my school with me.

21. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Aug 27, 2013

I think the interview went well, fingers crossed......and why did I come home to a message for an interview with a school I do NOT want to be at......I got called by them last summer too. lol