I feel like Whining

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by JaimeMarie, Jan 29, 2007.

1. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 31, 2007

Sending lots of prayers to you to. A 15 yr old and a 3 yr old how fun. That is the same age difference between my sister and myself.
    Do you have any inbetween?

2. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 31, 2007

lol..it also has a tendency to turn off a few times while you are in there!:eek: and it never fails, as soon as I put the shampoo in my hair the water stops! ha :D

3. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jan 31, 2007

Ours is tricky too I have to turn the cold water almost off to have the hot water keep going.

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2007

Yes I have a 14 and 10 in between the 15 and the 3. Not to mention that I have a 19 year old sister who just got married and a 24 year old step son who needs lots of attention from step mom because real mom is the pitts.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 31, 2007

Aball & Jaime...I have a fun shower story...My sis bedroom was downstairs & mine up well when we'd get ready for school we'd try to "shift it" becuz her shower would lose pressure if I was using the upstairs & hat woul realy get her goat is if I flushed the toilet her water turned ice cold..."Good morning sis"!!! No I actually did my best not to do that,but after flushing I'd pray her shower was off!!!

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 31, 2007

txmom...prayers for you...Hey I didn't get my license for almost 4 months after my bday...who wants to drive on snowy roads anyway!!!

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 31, 2007

Sounds a lot like my family. I am the oldest at 31, the boys are 27 and my sister is 18 (19 in two months).

Maine history is sooooo boringggggggggggg

8. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 31, 2007

I didn't get my license until I was 19 and 8 months old. I got my license May 30, 1995.

9. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jan 31, 2007

OK I'll go again...

NONE of my clothes fit me yet (4 mths after the baby). I can't even wear my old shirts because I'm nursing and "the girls" are waaaaaaaaaaay too big for all of my shirts. So I wear jogging clothes all day. Its annoying and very depressing. I just want to be back in my old clothes but I think I am going to have to stop nursing and drop 20 before that will happen.

10. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 31, 2007

Hanvan...I don't want you mad at me, but I actually weigh less after baby than I did before pg!!! This made a teacher who had a baby a week before me VERY upset!!!

11. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jan 31, 2007

Hanvan, I bet your DH loves your "girls" just the way they are, it will come in time..................... unless you get pregnant angain, then again...... like I did......... Its been 6 years and I still have the baby weight from the twins.(they are 9)

12. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jan 31, 2007

Welllll when you gain a cool 65lbs pregnant its hard to loose it all! I have lost about 45lbs already which I think is good but still....

My old pants are all starting to fit but not the way they used to. Everything seems to be moved around. And my chest is sooo dang big right now its unreal. I seriously hate it. They are so big I can't even run. Oh well...One day I will wear the clothes again. I WILL NOT BE THIS BIG FOREVER. I'll just keep repeating that over and over to myself

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 31, 2007

I didn't think I would lose all the weight either, but hey...I can't complain...
    The nurse was even shocked after I delivered...she said you must have been all baby... I can't even remember how much I gained, but it was between 50-60 pounds.

14. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jan 31, 2007

My turn to whine again. Man. I shouldn't have said it was going to be a good day. We got snow earlier than expected (wasn't supposed to be here till tonight). The roads are getting slick, we let out at 1:00. At 12:30, another teacher walks in my room and says that I need to go to the office with my coat. Someone hit my car in the parking lot!!! A parent was going to fast, went up on the curb, and hit my car. The trunk and back tail light on the driver's side is smashed in. I knew I shouldn't have parked in the front parking lot this morning. I wasn't expecting it to snow. No one was. It's the 2nd time I've parked there this year. Normally I park in the side or back parking lot.
    Man...

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 31, 2007

BUMMER Miss W....

16. gigi

gigi Groupie

Jan 31, 2007

Oh dear Ms.W!! ( NOTwhat I first said when I read your post!) Sorry for your trouble today. I actually had a good day, the car ran nicely, thank you, and the kids were great. Can I whine about the storm coming tomorrow night? I LOVE snow, but with the 4wd gone and no cash to take the car to the garage right now I could do without it.

17. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jan 31, 2007

txmomteacher2,
    I am sorry you didn't get any birthday cards. So here is a belated birthday song for you...

Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday, Dear txmonteacher2,
    Happy Birthday to you!

Imagine me singing it to you. Then imagine eating a nice piece of Birthday Cake.... how about chocolate with peanut butter icing?
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

18. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 1, 2007

Well I decided to leave my car at the school, since I didn't know how it would drive and didn't want to chance it on slippery roads. When I went to get some stuff out of the trunk (through the back seat), it was snowing inside the trunk. We stuffed some plastic bags in the holes so it wouldn't leak anymore. Dad thinks that it might be totaled. I can see it, because I bet the cost of fixing it will be more than it's worth in the blue book.

19. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 1, 2007

That's not good..but getting a new car can be fun!!!
    do you know who hit you??

I have to say years ago my mom took us shopping & she was commenting that parking lots are worse than road driving...well, needless to say we came out from shopping & someone hit our car!!! Irony!!!

20. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2007

My turn again. I'm at home with a sick 3 year old who refuses to take any medicine. Got any ideas how to get it down her. I have tried putting it in the drink. Even tried smashing up the pill nothing. She is sooo cranky because she doesnt feel good. Grrrr. Then my substitute had to call me to let me talk with one of my students. He didnt want to work for her because she isnt a "real" teacher. There is NOTHING on the TV. I have to do the dishes that I didnt get done last night. The sun hasnt been out in weeks it seems. I cant check my school email because the server is down AGAIN! I wish it was Friday and well the list could go on. On the bright side tomorrow is slipper day at school, that is if I get to go.

21. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 1, 2007

Do you give chewables or liquid?? Mine just thinks it's something special so it's gone in no time... Maybe the liquid would get into her drink and she wouldn't know the difference.

It's no fun to have the sick kids!!!!

22. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2007

Tried to get her to do both. Problem is from about 4 months until 2 years old this kid was always sick. Lots of ear infections. We finally put tubes in her ears so no more infections but when she has a common cold I can't get her to take her meds because of how much she had to take before. The last time she was really sick she spent 4 days in the hospital with them coming in every 4 to 6 hours with meds. I think she has flashbacks because some of what they gave her was not very tastey. Thank goodness she doesnt get that sick anymore.

23. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 1, 2007

I had a lot of ear infections as a kid...mostly "swimmer's ear." Spent many summers with silly puddy in my ears until ear plugs were really introduced!!! I remember the meds.. I know we don't like to bribe all the time, but could you give her a special treat if she took her meds. Mine loves a few m & m's or actually we have from our potty training are those lick & stick tattoos.

24. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 1, 2007

Yes he came in to the school. I took my car to the shop today. They'll let me know in the next couple of days...

25. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

Well, at least he didm't hit it & run!!!

26. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Feb 2, 2007

when my son was on oral chemo I would crush his pills and put it in a very small amount of coffee, and then add some sugar and milk (he was on the bottle then and I made the hole bigger but he got it).

for cold medicine, I would not worry about getting too much down, although it helps it doesnt cure.

I hope your little gets better txmomteacher

27. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2007

She is better, but the rest of us including me are ALL coming down with it. Thank goodness it doesn't seem to last to terribbly long.

28. AuburnTeach

AuburnTeach Companion

Feb 5, 2007

My turn...I've had an upper respiratory infection for almost five weeks. It's viral, of course, so I have to wait for it to run its course. The cough is bad enough...my ribs and back are so sore. The worst part, though, is I have no energy. I use it all when I teach, so when I get home I hit the recliner...my Christmas tree is still up! We had a snow day today because of the cold weather, so maybe I'll at least get the ornaments off the tree. Maybe my doc will write a prescription for me to go to a tropical island for a month...anyone want to come with?

29. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Feb 5, 2007

I'm in...have your doc write me a prescription too! I have been battling a cold for a while now.

30. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Feb 5, 2007

no heat + -seven degrees = one very cold girl

31. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Feb 5, 2007

I'm freezing. And I have a cold.
    I don't want to shovel my driveway and I don't know any one who plows. I found one person that charges 35 dollars a yard. That is crazy. I can shovel my own for that cost. I just dont' feel like it.

32. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 5, 2007

Jaime..just looked out the window...our neighbor just did ours!!!

33. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Feb 5, 2007

no fair!

34. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 5, 2007

I didn't even ask...he must've felt bad for us...we do have a sno blower..used it first year in this house since then neighbor comes with his truck to do it!!!

35. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Feb 5, 2007

It's my turn again. I spent all day with a kinder class. Two of the students in the class are my behavior kids. One has a one on one aide. The aide was absent today so I got spend the day with him. He isnt the problem. The other kid who the doctor has been messing with his meds because he isnt sleeping at night. Well they took all meds away at school. This kid is sooooooooo ADHD it's not even funny. I am usually not one to believe in meds but with this kid I understand. I see a huge difference. I hope mom reads the note we sent home. We can't have another day like we had today. He was literally climbing on the desks. He tore up a nerf dart. He swung his jacket every time we were in the hallway. Ok now Im home with whiney girl of the month. She hates everything I have fixed for her to eat. On the bright side I get leave and go play bunco in a few minutes.

36. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Feb 5, 2007

Oh man student not on meds that need it is horrible. I had that problem while they weened off one drug and onto another a couple years ago.
    We tried using sour treats, glade plug in vanilla scent, having him eat every 20 mins a small snack (peanut butter crackers, or carrots......). Best of luck with him until his meds are adjusted.

37. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Feb 5, 2007

My turn to whine. I have a K-2 class and for the last 2.5 years I have had a student that comes to school over-tired. He falls asleep while working -- even when he is standing up at least 4 times a week. I have talked to his mother, the counselor has talked to his mother, social workers are involved....

Today instead of telling him to wake up every 3 minutes, I decided to tell him what he had to do and wait until he did it before giving him another assignment. I had him stand up as he fell asleep in his chair within minutes of arriving. I decided to not interrupt the learning of the other students by telling him to wake up every 3 minutes and then having to stop everything to again explain the directions to his assignment. He slept (standing up) from 8 am to 10:43 am. We have lunch at 10:46 am!

38. gigi

gigi Groupie

Feb 6, 2007

That poor little guy! Does anyone know what is going on? It could be medical.......

39. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Feb 6, 2007

Nah! Four children in the same bedroom between the ages of 9 and 4 years old, 4 TVs, 4 video game systems, 4 game boys and 4 computers.... It is a huge house with one bedroom for a sister who lives with her bio. father who only comes over during the summer and an older child with 2 bedrooms.

40. gigi

gigi Groupie

Feb 6, 2007

Oh my gosh, all kidding aside, someone call Nanny 911! Those parents have no idea.......