I Feel Like Such a Baby

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Nov 9, 2014.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Nov 9, 2014

and you may not be able to understand this if you are not a pet lover!

I'm using crutches and a wheelchair to get around right now after knee surgery. Not supposed to put any weight on that knee at all. I stayed with my parents the first 2 weeks of my recovery (I really didn't think I'd be that debilitated) and thought that my dog and I could come home this weekend. But I just can't safely walk her the way I thought I could. She's going back to stay with my parents this week and I am so depressed. :( I've never been away from her before and I worry about her getting along with my mom's dogs. My mom in particular doesn't really like her, thinks she's undisciplined (she'd probably think the same thing of a real grandchild ;)). But it's not fair to her to not get walked properly.

I'm hoping to get the fence in my backyard extended to include my back door this week, so I can just let her out instead of walking her on a leash. But I feel like such a bad mom.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 9, 2014

I can understand that! I'm glad I was still living w/ my parents back when I was using crutches from an Achilles tendon rupture injury....even though they have a 2-story house. (That's still easier than if I was living in my 2nd floor apt like I do now.) I still had my dog back then & my parents walked him during that time.

4. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Nov 9, 2014

I understand and I'm sorry.

Having a dog is definitely like having a child. My pup is like my 3rd baby and I miss him when I'm away from him too.

Get well soon.