I feel like I'm not going to survive!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pisces_Fish, May 10, 2010.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 10, 2010

Vent starting in 3...2...1..

I'm sure most of us feel this way at one time or another, but I feel like I'm drowning without a raft. My kids are poorly behaved, parents down my neck (they always come out of the woodwork when the year is almost over, don't they?) testing season officially starts tomorrow, I'm buried in grad school work (30 hours a week, the past few weeks - and most of it has been group work so I have been scrambling to get things done so no one is let down), and a million other things that are wearing me down.

To top it all off, back in October I got in a bit of trouble for not turning in some receipts from field trip money on time. Not a big deal, but a sentence or 2 about it was in my summative evaluation. Today I got an email from my bookkeeper telling me to turn in my receipt book for the end of year audit...but I did last Tuesday! She said she can't find it, and I'm terrified I'm going to get in trouble. I KNOW I turned it in, I am so positive :( But I have no proof, it's her word against mine.

I'm trying to take things one day at a time, but some days I don't even know where to begin.

24 school days, and 3 weeks after that I'll be done with these grad classes....breathe, Pisces, breathe!

3. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

May 10, 2010

I'm sorry you are having a hard day. :hugs: to you! Hang in there! You can do it!

4. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

May 10, 2010

Btw - I completely understand. I am also doing grad school, teaching, and this is my first year at this new school (2 years at another school). It can be very overwhelming!

5. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

May 10, 2010

Yup, breathe Pieces breathe. You sure are going through a lot. You'll survive though. Keep counting the days and know you're that much closer to summer vacation. Do you have a personal day you could use to get more caught up with your grad school work? If not, well, breathe, breathe, breathe, this too shall pass.

I hope you can get the receipt book thing worked out.

And on a positive note, testing time means shorter regular class time which means shorter lesson plans and less work to collect and grade, so try to see the testing time as a positive and not a negative.

Hugs.

6. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

May 10, 2010

Hugs and Hugs.

7. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

May 10, 2010

I'm just 5 classes into my grad school program myself so I know how overwhelming it all can be. Having any added stress is not good right now. I also hope your book keeper finds your receipt book. She should have given you a receipt for it!

8. Sagette

Sagette Companion

May 10, 2010

:hugs: Doing the grad school thing and teaching is really overwhelming. Keep your eyes on the finish line, your head up, and take a deep breath! You can do this! And remember everything is a learning experience! From this point on, I would make photocopies of the receipts and note the date you turned them in right on it. Good Luck!

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 10, 2010

Huge :hugs: Pisces. This time of year is overwhelming for all teachers, but when you add on top of that grad work then it can really bring you down. Can you recall exactly what day and time and where you put it on the bookkeepers desk?

10. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 10, 2010

I remember exactly when I turned it in, and I'm kicking myself because the bookkeeper was in the mailroom when I put it in her box. I should have said, " Do you want this now, or should I leave it in your box?" but I didn't think of it then :(

Grad classes are hard enough, but I'm in an accelerated program to get my gifted certification. Each class is at "double speed."

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 10, 2010

Yuck, Pisces. I'm sorry. And I would let the bookkeeper know when exactly you turned it in and where.

12. pontiac8411

pontiac8411 Rookie

May 10, 2010

I don't know if you read what i was going through, but trust me, you will make it. I made it, even when I thought all hope was lost and now things are brighter than ever. Just think positive thoughts and keep up your spirit. If you don't have those two things, it makes it a lot harder to pull through