I feel like college days and cramming before tests...LOL

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by karebear76, Aug 23, 2010.

1. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 23, 2010

I sit surrounded by my projects that I didn't get to over the weekend (my nephew got married so I was a little busy), and have officially run out of time. Open House is tomorrow night, and I want to be ready.

I have printed the rest of my center labels, glued on the leaf part, so they're ready to laminate tomorrow morning. Printed, cut apart, and glued my ladybug number lines. Ready for laminating tomorrow. Working on my BUGS packets for kids: putting reference stickers on each page, then assembling the packet, taping the seam, and stapling together. Then I need to make my CVC assessment card sets that I started last year (punch holes & put on rings). Write names on clothespins for management system. Put some more pages in my teacher binder.

Just realized I forgot to design & print a label for my Estimation Station. But I can do that later. I plan on keeping it up for a length of time so no hurry there.

Anyone else really feeling the crunch now? I worked for 9 days in my room and still feel so unready its not funny!!

Tomorrow will be devoted to a sp ed meeting first thing, then some time to work in my room, then lunch, then a 3-5 meeting, then a little more prep time, then leave to drive 40 min to get my son so he can come to Open House also (then drive back 40 min, just to drive it home again an hour and half later...ughh those kind of days I really hate my commute!)

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 23, 2010

I had less than 4 days in my room before school started as my principal told the custodian not to let us in the school early. I'm on my 2nd week with my students and I still don't feel ready. Good luck tomorrow!

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2010

The good news is that the parents have no idea what you had planned to have ready.

So finish whatever projects you can, and forget about the rest.

They're more interested in who you are and how you'll treat their kids than in the things that are stressing you out so much.

5. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 23, 2010

You're right Alice. I just always feel rushed if I'm not as ready as I want to be, and feel like it sets the mood for my whole school year. I'll do what I can, and get to the rest as I can. I am ready in a physical sense mostly. Just a few last minute things tomorrow and my room will be done. I could teach the way it is, so life isn't so bad. Just not as organized as I like to have it.

6. jadepnai

jadepnai Rookie

Aug 23, 2010

There's always so much to do and so little time! I always feel that way throughout the year. I have a to do list notebook and I always have 3-6 tasks to take care of each day. It helps me prioritize what I need to complete at a certain time frame.

My open house is on the 2nd of August and teacher planning week begins next Monday. I plan on coming in a day early and start working in my classroom. I already have an idea how to set up my classroom and bought plenty of classroom supplies, decorations, games, and resource books. I still haven't decided what to decorate my 2nd bulletin board. My first bulletin board will be designated as the word wall.

7. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Aug 24, 2010

I hear all of you guys. I'm sitting here procrastinating again. Meanwhile I have a to do list with about six things on it. Even though I get a prep block at school, we have PD for 30 mins of it and then I get a string of constant visitors, or I have to go to the bathroom, or fill up my water bottle - - there's just never enough time.

And I don't know about you guys - but the first month or so is always a total BEAR until everything gets made, cut out, laminated, yada yada - - and I started on this stuff two WEEKS prior to school starting. I'm STILL making stuff and tomorrow will be day THREE of school!

*sigh* Good luck to all of us.

8. missapril81

missapril81 Companion

Aug 25, 2010

I feel the same way

We have been in school for almost a week now. I do feel a little overwhelmed right now. I transferred to a new school this year. So everything I used last year is not what I am using this year. I am semi familiar with the book series, it is just getting the activities set up. This week I am getting a feel for the students and who they are. We have started activities though. Also, our county adopted a new Math series and it is going to take some getting used to. I hope things go well for everyone. :)

9. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 25, 2010

Ready or not, I survived Open House and now the first day! I felt like a chicken with its head cut off all day today. I didn't pull any students, just tried to prepare for my baseline assessments which I will start tomorrow!! I got a new student so now I have 7, but I'm not complaining at all...that is a far cry from my norm of 18-20. At least it's another girl so now there are 2 girls. My guy in a wheelchair wasn't there as his dad is having major health issues & was supposed to have lung surgery. Not sure when he'll be there. He got a different aide as well, so I need to let her know my expectations.

A million things to do, and only seconds it seems...