I don't want to go back. :(

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by DrivingPigeon, Jan 4, 2015.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 4, 2015

Who else has to go back to work tomorrow? I haven't done any school work over break, and now I'm trying to catch up.

I've been sick the entire break, so I've been super lazy. I'm really hoping for a late start or no school tomorrow (it's supposed to be -35 outside), because I'm STILL not feeling well. :(

3. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Jan 4, 2015

ME! I've done nothing but traveling and spending time with loved ones. Now I'm in panic mode trying to get work done!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 4, 2015

Love my job and I'll be back in the groove as soon as I get to school, but no, not looking forward to going back tomorrow. I have loved long mornings, running, quiet...

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 4, 2015

I've been moping all day. Our weekend winter storm fizzled out, so no possibility of extending my break. I'm bummed.

6. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jan 4, 2015

I'm not dreading it, but I don't feel ready either. I sat down to do lesson plans this morning, and realized the rough draft I made before the break was left at school. :( I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there though.

7. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jan 4, 2015

I'm dreading it! I don't have students until Wed. We have PD tomorrow. I know I'm in the minority here, but I hate PD days. To have to sit through that the first day back is going to be torture! Luckily I have a work day on Tuesday, so no need to prepare anything during break.

8. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Jan 4, 2015

Im sort of excited/nervous to go back..I left my original teaching assignment (adult education) at end of last semester. Tomorrow is first day of student teaching for another credential in a high school ENGLISH class. I didn't have to student teach for my adult education credential..so I am sort of anxious to start. TIPS for survival??

9. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2015

I've got a big stack of grading that didn't get done... I suppose I'll do some tonight. And as much as I enjoy my job, it's been nice sleeping until 6 a.m. every morning instead of getting up at 4:50!

10. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 4, 2015

I honestly don't think I would be dreading my return to school so much if I was feeling better. I just want to sleep. :(

I've been at school for almost 5 hours already today (lesson plans are finally done!), and here is my plan for the rest of the night:

Go through baskets - 15 min
    Prep materials - 60 min
    Schoology ready - 20 min
    Seating charts - 40 min
    Set up iPads - 30 min
    Tape books - 10 min
    Winter celebration directions in workroom - 20 min
    New word work activities - 20 min
    Unpack bags, write thank you cards - 25 min

Total = 4 hours
    Leave by 7:00

I'm going to try to stick to this plan-I need to get out of here!

11. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jan 4, 2015

This is how I'm feeling. I've loved my days full of family time, cozy evenings in and luxuriously looong mornings. By 10:00 tomorrow morning it will all be a distant memory.

12. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jan 4, 2015

Dreading going back? No. Wishing I could never work again and still live the life I live? Always.

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 4, 2015

Wish I had more time, but not dreading going back. All of that work that I was going to do over the break didn't happen, but that's okay. I didn't assign my students work over the break, so that won't expect me to have done any either (they'll get back the assignments that they handed in before break returned before the end of the week).

14. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jan 4, 2015

Not dreading it, but really ready either. On the days I've felt well, I've done some deep cleaning. Cleaning that really needed to be done, I'm in this groove and I really want to keep going but I'm out of time.

15. teachsph2008

teachsph2008 Companion

Jan 4, 2015

The only reason I want to go back, is that it will be one more step closer to summer break.

16. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2015

I'm in a similar boat... I was also not feeling well (bad morning sickness) most of the break, and I feel like I didn't do hardly any of the things I needed to do, let alone the things I wanted to do. I'm also worried about how I'll feel at school; this really ratcheted up the first weekend of break.

17. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 4, 2015

They are predicting the wind chill will be -15 to -20 at 6/7/8 am. Hoping and praying for a 'cold' day. Roads are icy, too. *fingers crossed*

18. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jan 5, 2015

I am really mourning the loss of my vacation....I am not excited about going back. I love sleeping in!

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jan 5, 2015

Back at school. Teacher meetings/work day. Blah, Blah, Blah...I just made a pot of coffee so hopefully I will be able to get some work done. I want to be home with my doggy :blush:
    Now I will be counting down to my February break :D

20. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Jan 5, 2015

This is my motto also. When people ask me how I am, I always say, "one day closer to retirement.":lol:

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 5, 2015

I feel for you guys! I'm glad I'm not working at a school this year.

22. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 5, 2015

Didn't dread it, but I do love when I get the opportunity to sleep in more than just the weekend. :)

23. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jan 5, 2015

Well, I checked my work email today...That´s one mental step closer to the inevitable....

24. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jan 6, 2015

I went back Monday. While I wasn't totally prepped, I sure feel refreshed and recharged! I've been totally on my game these last 3 days and I hope I keep up this level of creativity and enthusiasm!

25. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jan 6, 2015

Got all my lesson plans done then they change our schedule! I was ahead and now I'm behind! LOL

26. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 6, 2015

I was back in the groove within the first twenty minutes of getting to school. I ave great colleagues and we are planning an upcoming pst holiday party. My students got right back on track yesterday without skipping a beat.:thumb:

27. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jan 6, 2015

I've hit a really miserable uncomfortable stage in my pregnancy, so the restful weeks off were soooo nice, and it is sooo hard to be back on my feet all day.
    I'm also feeling the stress that I feel like I only have one more quarter to teach my kids everything they need, since I don't know who my sub will be for April and May.

28. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 7, 2015

It sounds like we're in the same boat. :( I received a special "treat" yesterday morning: my morning sickness returned (at 32 weeks). That makes returning to work and getting up early so much fun!

29. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jan 7, 2015

How long do you plan on working? My doctor took me off work at 36 weeks and then our daughter came 2 weeks late. That 6 weeks of rest was so helpful!

30. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 7, 2015

Unless we have disability insurance, we only get about 6 weeks of maternity leave. Most teachers try to combine them with school breaks, but unless you are going with no pay, you only get about 6 weeks off. Teachers here usually try to work until they deliver so they can have all that time off with the baby. I think if I ever have children, I'm going to move to a country with better maternity leave first...

31. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 7, 2015

Per district policy, I have to work until baby is born, unless my doctor orders that I stop working earlier. So far everything has been going really well, so I'm pretty sure I'll be working until I deliver. I'm due on Tuesday, March 3rd, and I've decided that if I don't have her by the following Monday I'm going to call in sick until I go into labor.

According to the FMLA laws, I can have 60 work days off. I have about 45 sick days saved up, so a few weeks will be unpaid. I'll probably have to come back for a week in June.

32. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2015

I came back on Monday to no heat in our classroom, so we've spent the week bouncing around between the computer lab, art room, and music room. Trying to juggle this craziness (along with the schedule changes from today's delay) while dealing with morning sickness (I'm still right in the middle of it at 11 weeks) has made the transition a little rough...