I don't understand why my application status says "Pending additional evaluation"

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Rinnie, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Rinnie

Rinnie New Member

Jun 4, 2022

I am applying for the COC and my 30-day substitute permit and noticed the status changed from "pending evaluation" to "pending additional evaluation," which according to the CTC website sounds like there is a possible issue with my background check and/or professional fitness questions. I don't have any misdemeanors or felonies and I have not worked in a district before so I know I don't have a complaint against me nor have I ever been fired from a district job which is why I made sure to say "no" on all the professional fitness questions. I emailed the DPP for clarification and am now waiting on a response, but I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this before. I don't understand why my application would have been flagged and sent to the DPP for further evaluation. I also should note that I literally just passed a livescan background check for my first job with a school district as an instructional aid.

3. Rinnie

Rinnie New Member

Jul 6, 2022

Update for anyone else who goes through this. They stated they didn't receive my fingerprints even though it was sent with the application. Once it showed it was received, I was approved. Sometimes these things just take a while.

a2z, catnfiddle and CaliforniaRPCV like this.
  4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 11, 2022

I'm glad you got it sorted out. These things happen and it's best to contact them and ask "what's up"????? Sometimes there's an oversite and sometimes they need something from you but they don't tell you WHAT until you ask!

Rinnie likes this.
  5. Rinnie

Rinnie New Member

Jul 18, 2022

I agree. It definitely helped to contact them directly and ask why it was sent to DPP in the first place. I would suggest this to anyone else who may have a similar problem.

6. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2022

It is amazing how you can call and be told "we don't have it" and magically it appears. Happy it all came together but remember, this is a district where you may have to continue to do follow-up with in the future.