I don't know why I'm feeling so lost this year!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by sevenplus, Aug 11, 2007.

1. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2007

This is my 9th year teaching, and my 8th year teaching K. I moved to a new classroom last year and it took me the whole year to get settled. Last week I went in to arrange the furniture and I am VERY PLEASED with my new arrangement.

This is going to sound crazy, but I have 2 weeks left until school starts, and I don't know what to do! Only my furniture is arranged. My room is not set up at all. But I just can't figure out where to start. :help:

I think it's because I want it perfect this year. (As if that is going to happen. :lol: ) I think I'm waiting for some huge revelation of something new and wonderful to do in my room.

3. osutx

osutx Rookie

Aug 11, 2007

Not to worry, I felt the same way a few weeks ago. I went in got the furniture arranged and then sat! I'm exactly the same way. I want it perfect every year. I also don't want it to look exactly the same every year. Just go in one direction and keep working at it until you get the desired effect. Inspiration will come if you look at it long enough:lol:. Good luck!

4. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Aug 11, 2007

I also have the feeling of wanted everything to be perfect. I don't think I am ever totally satisfied and am always looking for ways to make things better. I totally rearranged my room this year, so that will take some getting used to. I have most of my furniture in place, so next I think I will tackle my bulletin boards. I keep thinking of things at night when I should be sleeping. I have a very long to do list. Good luck on your room!

5. Loves2TeachinSC

Loves2TeachinSC Rookie

Aug 11, 2007

I am the same way! I have a suggestion. Sit down, and look around the room and just write down everything that you want to get done. If you are anything like me, it will be LONG! So after you have your list of things to do, take a few deep breaths, and start with one thing at a time. Complete that item on your list, and cross it off! I would go down the list and prioritize it so you can complete the most important things first. Once you get a couple of things crossed off your list, you will begin to feel better and get more motivated to finish the rest of the items! If you ever feel overwhelmed again, stop and take a breather. Research shows that walking clears your mind because it re-oxygenates it so you can think clearly again. Sorry this is a long one...I wish you the best of luck, and you WILL get it done, just do one at a time and relax!! :)

6. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2007

Thanks for the commiseration and encouragement! I have made a list! (I don't need to be at school to do that, so I can walk in Monday morning and get started right away!) Yes, the list is very long and I'm sure I'll keep adding to it, but I'm so happy that I have someplace to start.