I don't know what to do?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by annetxa, Aug 11, 2010.

1. annetxa

annetxa Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

I am starting my own 3 year old classroom at the beginning of the year and I have two hours each day to fill with 'stuff'. I don't know what to do at this point...Any ideas?

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 11, 2010

Do you have a classroom? Equipment? Toys? Shelving? Let us know what you have and what you have planned, if anything, and we can help you better. Don't worry, the people on here are very helpful, and have lots of ideas.

4. annetxa

annetxa Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

I got it all!

I am going in tomorrow to explore, but I have everything and anything you can think of. I think that I will buy some things too after I start. It is a classroom with 10 children and no one, but me to run the show.

5. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 11, 2010

Well at least you are well equipped!

Hopefully amongst all of your supplies you stumble across day plans or schedules from a previous teacher. Talk to your director and other teachers about any schedule expectations. You'll want to spend the first little while teaching the children how to use the equipment in the room, the rules, your expectations, routines and in general making them comfortable at school.

Is there curriculum you are supposed to be covering? Skills you should be assessing?