I don't have to do a worksheet everyday

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Bella2010, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Oct 9, 2011

That's going to be my mantra this week. I'm going to do peer reading, workshops, graphic organizers, etc. Little nervous.
    Beth

3. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Oct 9, 2011

Yes, I'm a little nervous about how much fun you and your students will have. Also, a bit nervous about how much more they'll learn this year. Sounds like a great choice. Worksheets will still be there for the few times that they come in handy.

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Oct 9, 2011

I don't care for worksheets. I give them out for hw b/c the parents purchase the workbooks, but I have cut back on that.

5. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Oct 9, 2011

I hate worksheets but apparently my grade-level team love them because that is all we do. I don't know why though.... my kids hate the worksheets.

I try to make them fun but we have required worksheets that HAVE to be done, no wiggle room, no exceptions.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 10, 2011

It was funny to read this this morning. Last week, I was chatting with a colleague while they made their copies for the day. I realized that I couldn't remember when I had made copies of anything other than Special Ed paperwork or an interesting article for my students to read.

7. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Oct 10, 2011

I use worksheets for homework. We have 500 copies a month and I am always well below the 500 limit. I do make copies of my newsletters, current even articles, and interesting nonfiction reading. But, you should see a trend here. I do the workshop approach in all areas of learning.

8. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Oct 10, 2011

Yeah! One more for the DARK SIDE!

9. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Oct 10, 2011

I don't do worksheets for anything but math. Our math curriculum has worksheets and I do maybe 1-2 a week, but not every week. The other pages from the curriculum that I use are things like 100's charts, or sheets for recording games. I make up a story problem each day on a sheet of paper, but if they were older, I would just have them copy it into a notebook (which I did last year in 3rd/4th grade.)

I am happy to say we have very, very few worksheets!