I discovered something about myself today!!

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Mldouglas, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Mar 12, 2008

I don't know if many of you recall a post that I had put on here a few weeks ago about who offered me an additional two days of subbing then turned around and pulled the day I was already signed up for to give it to another sub who "has been with my class several times already and knows the routine". Well, I was so steamed that she actually had the gall to pull the one day that I had already signed up for and turned down other jobs for that day, I swore that I would never work for her classroom. Well, today I only got one sub call and it was for this lady's class and I turned it down in two seconds flat. It was hard for me because this is the way I earn the majority of my income and it is a major blow to my budget. This month it is very rare that I will ever turn down a sub job since all three of my districts have their Spring Break at the end of this month.

Mldouglas

3. Mrs LC

Mrs LC Comrade

Mar 14, 2008

And did turning down the job make you feel better? If so, good. But I think this is what my mum would call cutting your nose to spite your own face.

I wonder if the teacher involved knows or even cares?

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Mar 14, 2008

If it made you feel good - great, but otherwise, you lost out on money and the teacher probably has no idea or even would remember why you turned down the job.

that's the way it can be with subbing- just go with the flow.