I did it again, ahh!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by waterfall, Apr 9, 2012.

1. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Apr 9, 2012

I got a call for another interview today. I picked up the phone about 3 minutes before I had to go pick up my kids (in hindsight, should have just left it for voicemail) so was kind of flustered. It's for Wednesday and it is an elementary school only so at least I know it's within the grade levels I want. The person just named the school and I've applied so many places, I had no idea where she was talking about- so I had to ask what district it was which was kind of embarrassing. Anyway, I have gotten in the habit of asking what the specific job is because like I've posted before I've gone to a lot of interviews where I felt the job posting was very misleading (they wanted someone for a severe needs job or something). Well I totally forgot to ask, and when I went to the school's website the job isn't posted. Should I call back tomorrow and ask what the specific job is, so I can a) make sure it's a job I'd want, and b) if it is, prepare better for the interview? I did check out their school website and couldn't find out much. It's a much bigger school and I noticed on their staff list they had 3 special ed teachers. I also noticed they had TONS of sped paras though (I counted 9) which makes me think they must have a severe needs program there as well. Is it going to make me look bad to call back tomorrow and ask what the job is? They have tons of jobs posted on their website, but none are listed for this specific school.

3. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Apr 9, 2012

Did you apply online? You might be able to go back into your account and see what you applied for. Do you have to take a day off work for the interview?

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 9, 2012

I say you go for the interview, and impress the life out of them.

If it turns out to be the wrong type of job, well, it's still early in the hiring season and another job could open up.

5. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Apr 9, 2012

I have to take most of the day off. The interview is at 1 and it's in the city about 2 1/2 hours away so I can only come to school for a couple of hours. I haven't taken any personal days yet so it shouldn't be a problem, but of course I don't want to take a day off if I know it's not a job I want. I did apply online, but just under a general vacancy posting. They didn't have any jobs I was qualified for posted, but since I was meeting this district at a job fair I went ahead an filled out the application to create a "pre-employment profile."

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 9, 2012

Oh, I didn't realize it would mean time off.

7. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Apr 9, 2012

Ok, I found it- 3rd grade! Definitely interested! I had to be annoying and post another thread about it :)

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 9, 2012

I'm pretty much stalking you, following from one thread to the next :p

9. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Apr 9, 2012

Glad you found out the position - good luck!!

10. dragonflym

dragonflym Rookie

Apr 9, 2012

Yay for you on your interview! Good luck tomorrow! :)

11. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Apr 9, 2012

:lol: I appreciate the advice, so stalk away!

Thanks everyone!

12. Xidous003

Xidous003 Companion

Apr 9, 2012

I say go ahead and use the personal day. It is called 'personal' for a reason. I wouldn't use a sick day though. One time a teacher did that at my first job and she got asked for a doctor's note...that had to be awkward! Be ethical...take the personal day.

13. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 9, 2012

Good luck!!

14. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

Apr 9, 2012

How exciting! Good luck!

15. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 10, 2012

Good luck!!

16. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Apr 10, 2012

Oh I did- my admin knows I'm looking so there's no reason to sneak around. I do feel a little guilty taking essentially a full day off two days before spring break, but I can't pass up the opportunity!

17. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 10, 2012

Don't feel guilty...you need to put yourself first at times like these! The students will be fine and you will knock their socks off in the interview :D