I desperately need help

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by gossamer, Apr 9, 2012.

1. gossamer

gossamer Rookie

Apr 9, 2012

I have been trying for the past 3 years to get a teaching job. I have quit corporate jobs in order to substitute. I am certified to teach EC- 4 Generalist. I have completed the book and test portion of the ACP, now I just need to get into a classroom Tito become fully certified. I have what's known as a probationary certificate.
    I have substituted at Houston ISD, Beth Yeshurun, KIPP and St. John's School. I am often requested by teachers and principals to take classes. But I am trying desperately to get into the "Pool" of eligible candidates. Does anybody know anyone or anyway for me to network to get into the pool or meet with principals or get in front of someone who can help me. I lost my job a couple of weeks ago and have started substituting again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3. Geauxtee

Geauxtee Comrade

Apr 9, 2012

You probably need to do student teaching, so you can become fully certified instead having probationary certificate.

There are so many certified teachers (many with years of experience) looking for teaching jobs that it doesn't make any sense for a school district to choose a candidate that isn't fully certified.

EC-4 -- Very hard to find a job with the cert. Take Texes for Middle School Math or Middle School Science.

I am doing a long term sub for 7th/6th grade Math and Science, and it's really not that hard.