I Created My Walmart Classroom Registry

Discussion in 'General Education' started by WindyCityGal606, Aug 6, 2014.

1. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2014

So..Today I was in Walmart grabbing some last-minute items for school when my daughter noticed they were promoting http://www.walmart.com/classrooms for teachers to set up a classroom registry for parents and friends. I put it on my To Do List and just did it a few minutes ago. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how easy it was to set up. :) Instead of notifying parents via individual email, they have another option where you can post a link to your registry on your website or blog. Has anyone else ever tried this? I'm hoping this will provide me with a way to get those extra supplies my students seem to always run out of at the worse time. :whistle:
    Anyone else going to try it out? If so, please let me know how it works for you.

3. chitown

chitown Companion

Aug 6, 2014

I like that idea! I've never done it, but I like to donate to my sons' classrooms when we can afford it, so this would be a nice way to figure out what to give. What types of items did you register for?

4. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2014

I registered for all the usuals that run out way too quickly like loose-leaf paper, copier paper, scissors, liquid glue, colored pencils, post its....
    Is there a way you can let your son's teacher know about the registry option so he/she can set one up? It's really a nice way to do something nice without having to spend a whole lot of money.

5. chitown

chitown Companion

Aug 6, 2014

I sure can! I don't know whose class my younger son will be in yet, but I do know my older son's teacher. I know she likes to help others so I'm sure she'll spread the word to the other teachers in the school. Thanks for sharing!

6. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2014

Thanks for sharing! I'm not sure how supportive my new school will be. My old school was Title I, but also had quite a few well off families. This district is much poorer.

7. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Aug 7, 2014

I did this a couple of days ago, mainly to provide a wish list for the redditgifts thing that was posted here. I will include the link on my class website.