I Can't Think of Anything To Do!!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissMaurie, Aug 18, 2009.

1. MissMaurie

MissMaurie Companion

Aug 18, 2009

School starts Monday...Parent Orientation is Thursday...and I am sitting here for the second day in a row staring at my computer because I can't think of a single thing to do!

We don't have class lists yet so I can't put names on ANYTHING! Someone else is working on lessons for next week so I don't even need to do that.

Unfortunately, I will think of 85 million things to do Sunday afternoon.

3. ms. yi

ms. yi Comrade

Aug 18, 2009

Do you have your welcome packets and parent orientation stuff ready?

4. MissMaurie

MissMaurie Companion

Aug 18, 2009

Yep, those are being copied and I have brochures (Vista Print!) to hand out.

I moved schools this year and really worked hard unpacking my room so that everything would be ready...I guess I did a good job!

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 18, 2009

I'd write lesson plans or long range plans as far as I could or make sure your files are in order. Think about what concepts have been harder for the kids or for you to teach and work on beefing those lessons up.

6. MissMaurie

MissMaurie Companion

Aug 18, 2009

The more I read my own post the more I realize that it sounds like I am whining! That is so totally not the case...

We don't get curriculum until tomorrow and Thursday and I know they have changed a lot of things so I won't start working on lessons until I have that. Nothing like getting an early start and then having to change it all!

I really should be happy that I have my room mostly ready. So many of you haven't even gone into your rooms to work yet! I feel for you all!

Good luck everyone!

7. MrsCSoup

MrsCSoup Rookie

Aug 18, 2009

Fly to North Carolina and help me...:angel:

LOL

8. tgim

tgim Habitué

Aug 18, 2009

Since you changed schools, I am wondering if you changed grade levels. Could you use this time to familiarize yourself w/ the state standards for your level/area? I would love an extra few days to just do planning and organizing. I would take apart all of my Mailbox magazines for the past 6 years and file the activities I use in the proper unit/subject. Come to Indiana!!!

9. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2009

I think organizing files and maybe offering to help someone else would be a good idea. Good karma...

10. MWMnElmed

MWMnElmed Companion

Aug 18, 2009

Nail down your procedures.

Begin collecting and finding resources for areas you know your students will struggle with. Make up simple packets for them to take home for additional practice.

I teach 4th grade and every year I get students who don't know or have forgotten how to regroup, multiply, and reading strategies. It would be helpful to have info in hand to give to the kiddos and parents to help them get the students off on the right track as soon as possible.