I bought a New9(ish) car tonight!!!!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by HWilson, Aug 1, 2011.

1. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Aug 1, 2011

I bought a New(ish) car tonight!!!!!

Yay!!! I bought a new-to-me car tonight!! I can't post it on FB or call anyone because it's so late. I'm so excited and can't wait to tell someone ... so my friends, I'm telling you.... :D :D :D

It really is a big deal because I literally drove my last car until it was on its last leg... We don't buy cars often. :p

3. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Aug 1, 2011

Wahoo!!! Congrats! :) Enjoy your new wheels! :)

4. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Aug 1, 2011

YEA!!! What did you get??? My car was paid off this summer so I finally bought what i wanted- a convertable bug!!!! I love it!!! I always had to have the "MOM" car to drag everyone and their stuff around because my husband has a 56 Chevy. Now I have my very own just for me car!!!

5. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Aug 1, 2011

2003 Mitz. Outlander ... It really is not a vehicle I ever thought I would drive but I wanted a small SUV/ crossover type and we test drove this and it rides so well! So we decided on it!! :)

6. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Aug 2, 2011

YEA!! I love those!!! Congrats!!!

7. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2011

:lol: I've always driven my cars until they just won't go anymore.

Congrats on the new-to-you vehicle!!

8. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Aug 2, 2011

whoo hoo!! how exciting!

9. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Aug 2, 2011

How exciting! Congrats!

10. Boopers

Boopers Rookie

Aug 2, 2011

Congrats! I drive an 02 mitsubishi montero sport and I love it! It's been passed down through my family. My parents bought it used in '04 and my step-dad drove it for 4 years then my mom drove it for 2 years and now I drive it!

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 2, 2011

Getting a new car, even a new "used" one is alway an exciting time. Enjoy it!

12. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 2, 2011

New cars are fun! Cruise around and show all your buddies!

13. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Aug 3, 2011

So we had to take the car back after having it only 12 hours. It ran hot on my while running errands the next morning. Then at the dealership, it ran hot again! Thankfully we were there and they were able to see it. So they kept it to work on and sent us on our way in a loaner. I'm grateful for the loaner, and I'm grateful for their urgency to fix it. HOWEVER I must admit I am quite concerned about the fact it had this problem. How many times has it happened in the past? Is the motor damage b/c of the over heating. Both times the needle went all the way into the red zone.

They called today and said it was the heater core. Who knew that would affect a car running hot?!?!?!?!?!!? They've ordered the part and it will be a few days before it is ready. So we are really concerned if we should still get the car or talk to them about swapping it to something else. I read the reviews online and about 75-80% of the reviews people really loved the car. It was honostly very few that had a lot of problems and hated the car.

We just don't know what to do now .....:confused:

Does anyone else have experiences with Outlanders??

14. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Aug 3, 2011

Oh no!

My husband bought an '11 Ford F150 with Ecoboost last weekend. We love these trucks! I have an '09, my husband had a '10, and now the '11.

15. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 3, 2011

I would be very hesitant to buy the car. The Outlander itself might not be a problem. It could just be a bad car. I definitely think you guys should reconsider buying it. :(

16. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Aug 3, 2011

Yes we are hesitant. My DH called the dealer tonight and we argreed when the car is fixed we will sit down with the mechanic and the GM. Our hopes are that we can come to an agreement of a couple of months if anything happens to the car related to this problem, we will still be able to return it. Or they can just find something else for us, or we will go elsewhere .... :unsure:

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 4, 2011

THIS is why I personally won't buy used cars. You just don't know who had it before, how they drove it to hell, etc. My parents never wanted one for me either when we were shopping around for cars for me when I was in high school.

18. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Aug 4, 2011

I bought a Saturn Vue (less than 12,000 miles and a year old) last March. I love it. My son calls it my "little grocery getter!" But he sure drives it when he and his friends go out because it gets better gas mileage than his truck.

19. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2011

We will be getting a car in the very new future. For months my husband had been telling me that I was only going to get a car, because of the gas mileage. I ketp telling him that I was going to get an SUV or a bigger truck that I have. ( I have a Ranger with an extended cab) He kept harping on the price of gas and such stuff. While we were sitting in the yard the other night the neighbor had a visitor that had a very nice F-150 double cab. Out of the clear blue he said he liked it and that I could get one. YEAHHHHH!!!!! I dont really do a lot of driving other than in the city that we live. I drive one mile to school and one mile back. The grocery strore is less than half block from my house and the new wal-mart is about a mile from us. Those are the 4 places I go all the time so I am thinking that gas bill won't go up to much. I do travel back to my hometown about once every three months. (300 miles away) If my driving habits don't change drastically then I think we will be ok. I am super excited!!