I am so frustrated right now I could scream

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Mldouglas, May 17, 2008.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

May 17, 2008

I happened to walk into a 4 week long term sub position for an ESL teacher. I understand that as a sub I have to go where the school chooses to put me. On Wednesday and Thursday of this week the majority of the groups that I would meet with were gone because of a field trip and track & field day. Anyway, I was hoping to get in a little bit of planning time on those two days because I have been putting in major hours at home getting lessons together because the teacher did not leave enough materials for the duration of her leave. So I did get my day on Wednesday, but they pulled me on Thursday to sub for a class whose sub did not show up. Then today they also pulled me because yet another sub did not show up for their job. So here I am putting in all this effort to make lessons that are engaging and fun for the children and I don't even get a chance to use them with the kids because I got pulled. Then to make matters suck even more I found out today that the teacher will actually be coming back for the last week of school. I just hope that I get to be with my groups all week next week. I have really grown to love these children and I am going to miss them. The teacher will be coming back to a alot of lessons that she can use for the rest of the school year.

Thanks for listening to my rant!!

Mldouglas

3. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 17, 2008

Sorry Mldouglas, that does stink and I understand the frustration. I've never been pulled from a LTS position but it happens to me a lot for daily positions at the school where I sub. I usually take it as a compliment because they usually put me in the more important or harder job and then give the job I was in to the other sub.

I spent so much time putting together plans when I LTS I am a little concerned I will be bringing a sleeping bag and sleeping at the school when I have my own classroom!!

Hang in there!