I am So Excited about my future Teaching Career

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teaching_101, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Teaching_101

Teaching_101 Companion

Apr 24, 2009

Dear Faculty,

I know that teaching is work (l-o-o-o-ts of work). I know that teaching is demanding, draining, and self absorbing.

I also know that teaching is fun! [For the non-religious, you can ignore the next two sentences.] I have never felt God lead me so strongly in a direction. I'm getting signs (and spiritual reassurances) from Him almost daily!

[Okay, the non-religious may not continue.]

I've been tutoring and collaborating with professors at my college for the past month.

EVERY <----------- (no exaggeration) one of my students that I have been tutoring having commented on my teaching abilities (they have no idea I wish to become a teacher -- they think I'm just tutoring the class for money).

The last one, who is not even my official tutee but needed help in a lab class I was attending, said this after I helped her (unprompted):

Wow, you are r-e-a-l-l-y good a teaching. I have no clue about this stuff, but I feel like I understand it now. Thank you ...... so much.

:woot:

Anyway, I wanted to share my joy with people who could appreciate it. I love this forum, and I love this community ....

... and I love teaching!

--Teaching_101

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 24, 2009

That is great to get that kind of recognition! Keep up the great work!

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 24, 2009

Sounds like you're doing a great job! Congratulations!

5. Doug_HSTeach_07

Doug_HSTeach_07 Comrade

Apr 24, 2009

That is so good to know. Keep up the great work- it's so awesome to know that you're doing what you love and what you're meant to do.