I am not fond of team planning

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Flanny108, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Flanny108

Flanny108 Rookie

Apr 29, 2014

It just occurred to me that my lack of interest in team planning may be what is hurting me in my interviews. Honestly, I am just one of those people who works better alone than in a group. I prefer to plan my lessons on my own, unless I'm in a situation where I am co teaching. I have not problem planning projects together, events, assemblies, etc. But for day to day lessons I do it better on my own.

Is anyone else in this situation? I just never know what to say when I'm asked if I do team planning.

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Apr 29, 2014

I think you could still participate in team planning by sharing resources and ideas. Conversations are great collaboration. You can take that information and tweak it to make your lessons your own.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 29, 2014

I formally meet with my team twice a week...once for PLC, once for regular team mtg. We share resources, have created units together, tend to follow about the same sequence of units...but that doesn't mean we are all teaching the same lessons, or are on the same page on the same day. It's a dynamic synergy...

5. ayla

ayla Companion

Apr 29, 2014

I think it depends where you are interviewing. My district is huge into coplanning, we pretty much teach all of the same lessons with creative freedom to deviate if we like as long as it meets the standards. No one in my school would understand someone wanting to plan alone (we just had a discussion about this at lunch a week ago). So you wouldn't fit into my school culture, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't fit into another school culture where teachers enjoy planning solo. I wouldn't lie if you don't like coplanning, since you'll be expected to do it if you get hired at a school which is big into it. Just keep being honest and looking for your good fit school.

6. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Apr 29, 2014

I've never done team planning and I don't think I would like it. I like to plan on my own and would prefer it that way. But if I wanted a job, I definitely wouldn't say that I don't like it. I'm not saying lie, but if you want the job, maybe look into seeing how you could make it work.