I am looking for a curriculum

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by shellie1619, Oct 10, 2009.

1. shellie1619

shellie1619 Rookie

Oct 10, 2009

I am looking for a curriculum for 2.5-3 year olds. The 4 year olds in my center have a state funded Pre-k program and they use the OWL curriculum but my boss has asked me if I know of any curriculums out there for 2.5-3 year olds that would prepare them for Pre-K.
    I could not come up with any off the top of my head so I figured I would ask you guys because you are all so smart. Thanks for the help.;)

3. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Oct 10, 2009

I know High Scope has curriculums and assessments for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. I use their pre-school assessments in my public pre-k class.

I think Creative curriculum might have assessments for young pre-schoolers, and it is a good, open-ended curriculum where you plan your own lessons and activities.

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 10, 2009

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 11, 2009

Wow, that is a lot of money for a curriculum. I would suggest you obtain a copy of your state's ps standards and use a cheaper guide, like High Scope or Creative Curriculum. As a teacher, I like being able to pick and choose from the best ideas

An experienced PS teacher can plan a scope and sequence very easily.

And, maybe I should write one. I would only have to sell about a dozen or so to make enough to live on.

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 11, 2009

I have to laugh at how much money is spent on "curriculum." I make my own and it covers everything they need to know. Schools waste a ton of money.

7. shellie1619

shellie1619 Rookie

Oct 12, 2009

Yeah, I need to see if I can get my hands on the k-4 curriculum and see what their starting point is and work from there. I know that my director is doing some research herself to see what she can find. It will be an interesting couple of weeks though because I am starting in a classroom that has had 2 different teachers since August so, structure?!? What is that?!?

8. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Oct 13, 2009

I use high scope. I use both the infant/toddler and preschool COR in my room.

9. spotted toad

spotted toad New Member

Oct 14, 2009

Pre-K Curriculum

I have a preschool curriculum I wrote for Pre-K that might help.

Jennifer

10. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Oct 14, 2009

My director had a conversation about just this subject the other day. We are responsible for designing our own curriculum to meet the needs of the children in our classroom each year,and do it in monthly increments. We have our list of goals and objectives for the year and it's up to us to get each child there by the end of the year. She said she only hires competent teachers with talent,knowledge and creativity enough to design a curriculum that is particular to the specific group of kids they have each year. (Please don't take that as un complimentary to those that use a purchased curriculum--I'm only saying that I think it was a nice compliment)