I Am Going on an Interview!!! Hooray

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Discouraged, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Discouraged

Discouraged Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

I previously posted regarding not getting an interview. I totally revised my resume, and sent it to a principal who I had dropped off a previous resume to in person, in May. At that time he had a Kindergarten opening but he told me he was looking for an experienced teacher. (I graduated in May, and he had already hired one of my peer graduates. I am sooooo excited, because this is my first choice school and my dream job because ut us a "Magnet" school stressing an Arts & Communications curriculum. I am a HUGE arts lover and a very creative person. I want to ROCK this interview and get this position. I appreciate all suggestions, especially what I should bring in my portfolio and possible interview questions so I can be prepared :D

Thanks A Bunch!,
    Not Discouraged Any More!;)

3. Discouraged

Discouraged Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

I just noticed a typo in my post...I meant to type ...it is a Magnet school. Spell check didn't catch that!

4. MrsB2B

MrsB2B Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

Congrats!! I have had 3 interviews this summer and received offers from all three. I also just graduated in May. The one thing I learned from them is to be honest and yourself. I never felt nervous or appeared nervous I guess. I also took my time answering each question carefully with thought and feeling. I also made sure not to answer anything with one short sentence. I drug out my answer and kept talking. The more you show you know, the better. Always include personal experiences from student teaching and elaborate as much as possible so they don't have to ask you to elaborate.

Good luck and I hope my comments will help!

5. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2007

Wow! Congratulations on the interview! That is huge. I served on our interview committee at my school this year and sat through 15 or more interviews. What stood out when interviewing people was their level of composure and their ability to show who they really are. Be yourself, be confident in your ability and show they how you are different than any other interviewee.
    I think you should definitely bring your portfolio and I would put in some exemplars of excellent lessons that you have done, any extra curric. examples that you have done, letters from parents or kids, any pictures you might have of your student teaching experience. Whatever it is, make it something that is eye catching since going through a portfolio with too much stuff can be overwhelming.
    You are going to ROCK the interview!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!! BREAK A LEG!

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2007

That's great! Knock 'em dead!