I am getting excited!!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissFroggy, Jun 23, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jun 23, 2008

I am getting SO excited for next year... I was worried about switching levels, but now I am stoked!

I just read Month by Month phonics cover to cover! (I had been using a book "Making Big Words" for the last two years and had borrowed a friend's book for awhile and got the overview, but never did the whole program.) I also have been reading The First Six Weeks, and planning my Children Long Ago unit.

I looked at all the games and activities on Beth Newingham's site for the literacy centers and totally want to do lit centers twice a week in the afternoons when I have a HUGE block of time available for it.

I want to start printing, laminating and getting things ready!!

3. MissV

MissV Companion

Jun 23, 2008

yay! What grade will you be teaching? I actually have the book month by month phonics and LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE IT! I'm using it as phonics instruction as well as little center activities this year. There are so many creative activities that the kids completely enjoy doing! (plus it's framed for all different ability levels!)

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jun 23, 2008

I will have a 2/3 class and be using the 3rd grade book (wasn't too sure about using the 3rd with my group, but it looks easy enough- many CVC words in the first few lessons, and I may end up doing the timings for the "lower" groups, as it's a mix. We will see.)

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 23, 2008

Hooray! I'm totally pumped as well. I've started to sort through my storage unit, and I just want to curl up with all my great teaching stuff I've collected and not been able to use for the last year. I have a wire rack where I'm putting 'in-progress projects' to work on, and I can't wait to start working on them. I leave for Space Camp tomorrow, and I'm bringing all my teacher's editions and several professional books to read and work on in the evenings. Hooray!

6. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jun 23, 2008

I used Third Grade Month by Month this year and LOVED it! We made a lot of cool Smartboard activities for Guess the Covered Word, rounding up rhymes, and my favorite----using words you know!

I'm sad we are using a new reading series this year, as I won't be able to do as many of my month by month materials.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2008

Yall are getting me excited!!! And I don't even have a classroom yet! But I love hearing all the new ideas that yall are thinking of doing for next year. I'm coming up with ideas and writing them down. They can be used for any grade level.