I am beginning to count the hours!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by nicegirl, Aug 26, 2007.

1. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Aug 26, 2007

Okay, this will be my first year teaching. I am SPED life skills teacher. School starts tomorrow and I need to be there at 6:30 am. I keep checking the clock because I know the time is near.
    I don't have an awful lot planned for the first day. I am going to start my morning routine with introductions, calendar, and then a presentation on a new school-wide behavior policy that we are starting. I have a slide show every hour that we should be going over so this will commence then. I will also go over some routines as well. I also have a "get to know me" packet that I will start tomorrow in any of my classes if we get to it. I am nervous, scared, and excited. It is 7:35 pm right now and I really wish it was 7:35 pm tomorrow. That way I would know I made it through my first day!!! I can't do much lesson planning since I am working really off of IEP's. I don't even have everyone's yet so that is a little difficult. I also have to learn tube feeding and should receive a visit from the PT on daily exercises on my more severe kids tomorrow as well. Yikes! Wish it was here and over already!! (just needed to vent a bit) :eek:

3. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Aug 26, 2007

YAY! So exceited for you! Good Luck!

4. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 26, 2007

I've been doing the same thing all day! I have 20 hours before I get kids tomorrow, 14 hours, now it's down to about 11. I won't get much sleep tonight. Both excited and anxious - still don't know how many kids we'll have, everyone keeps saying the numbers are high - I think they are afraid for us to see an actual list.

But whatever happens I'm ready. I actually set two alarm clocks for the morning. Good luck to you!:)

5. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2007

Good luck everyone!!!