I actually...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by txteach2b, Nov 22, 2009.

1. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Nov 22, 2009

drove to a district Friday and turned in my application in person! That was a first for me as far as teaching applications go. I was so tempted to mail it in because they're out all this coming week for Thanksgiving, but one of the teachers I work with said, "Don't you DARE mail off that application! We're doing WHATEVER it takes to get you a job!"

Part of me is hoping that even though I didn't get to see the P Friday, there's still a chance I made an impression on SOMEONE because I took the time out of my day to stop by and hand it to an actual person. Perhaps someone can put a face to the name. Well, it's all out of my hands, now.

I'm also waiting on word from an application I turned in over 2 weeks ago. I emailed HR when I sent the app (who said she'd send over my info to the P), and a week later, I emailed the P saying I was interested in an interview and asked if she had received my info. The posting is still up, so I'm wondering if it's something that's to begin at semester. Oh, well....like I keep saying, it's out of my hands now.

Please pray I at least get an interview from these applications! Even if I don't get the job I'm seeking, the interview practice would be invaluable!!

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Nov 22, 2009

Good luck txteach2b!!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 23, 2009

Good luck!

5. DenaliBear

DenaliBear Rookie

Nov 23, 2009

Good luck!!!!

6. wrice

wrice Habitué

Nov 23, 2009

Good work. Keep it up, fill out aps to more than one district, fill out aps to museums and parks and daycares...

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Nov 23, 2009

Good luck!

8. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Nov 23, 2009

wrice...I would if I could, but in my area, I'm limited to what I can actually do. I don't live in an area w/ museums, and in order for me to get a standard certificate (didn't ST, looking for internship) I have to work as a classroom teacher for a year. After that, I would have more doors open to me because I'm going to add various things to my certification. The daycares around here pay less than what I'm making now, without the benefits. I think they don't pay much above minimum wage. It would be great experience over the summer, though. It's a thought I'll have to keep in mind.

9. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Nov 24, 2009

Good Luck! I want to hear an update!