I <3 Vista Print!

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by Mrs.Mom, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 15, 2008

I just made two more orders again last night!!! Anyone else hooked on this stuff?? What's your favorite thing that you've made so far??

3. Happy Chatter

Happy Chatter Rookie

Aug 15, 2008

ok what is vista prints? is it some microsoft software

4. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 15, 2008

Yeah, I'm addicted! I don't even have a class yet and I have made soooo many orders! But, I love the stuff I get. I just found out I'll have a LTS in the spring and I went through my VistaPrint and I have a bunch of stuff I can use. It will be great!

VistaPrint is a printing company on the web that has a lot of free things. You just have to pay shipping. It is fun to design things with that special little touch!

5. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Aug 15, 2008

6. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 17, 2008

If you sign up for free as a member you will get e-mails from them. They are always offering free stuff. You design your stuff and just have to pay for the shipping. You can't just make one order!! You'll be going back for more!

7. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 17, 2008

My favorite so far even though it has not come in yet is the lawn sign. I also love my book recommmendation postcard and my library book checkout card.

8. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 17, 2008

I love the lawn sign, also. I ordered 2 different ones. One should be here this week! I also created a book recommendation postcard. How did you design the library checkout card? Do you mind sharing?
    Here's my book recommendation card:
    [​IMG]
    My lawn signs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. just-n-educator

just-n-educator Companion

Aug 17, 2008

This looks like fun...is there web address vistaprint.com?

10. Happy Chatter

Happy Chatter Rookie

Aug 18, 2008

@ everyone thank you for the responses the problem is if this is an American based company the price of shipping will be too expensive ...drat! =(

11. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 18, 2008

Actually, the shipping is really cheap! The first order I put through the shipping was $8, my second order-with about 7 different items-was about $13, and my 3rd order was $10. I don't think that's too bad for personalized stuff!!!!!

12. just-n-educator

just-n-educator Companion

Aug 18, 2008

I don't think that the price would stay the same if it were going out of the US. I am in Canada...I am going to check it out and see if how much it is if it is coming to Canada. :)

13. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 18, 2008

DreamtoTeach, how do I post pictures? I have yet to figure that out.

14. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 18, 2008

I downloaded them to Photobucket and then you just copy the img url and paste it in your message here. I don't know if there is another way. It seems like a pain, but its not. Post away!!

15. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 18, 2008

Library Checkout Card

[​IMG]

Class Sign - Lawn Sign

[​IMG]

16. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 18, 2008

I did it!! I finally figured out how to post pictures. The library checkout card was made from their free business cards. Sorry, I'm really not Ms. Smith. I just don't feel too comfortable putting my real name...I know, it's silly.

17. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Aug 18, 2008

I am like totally hooked on this site. I made the car magnets for my student of the month and a t-shirt. I just got the first two magnets and they turned out awesome. I got the first shirt and it looks great too. I have made several things over the summer; brochures for open house, contact business cards, clean desk fairy cards, conference cards, postcards for welcome bags, stamps. Lots of things. I am very impressed with the quality and the shipping prices. A t-shirt and a magnet was only $4.41 slow shipping. I just made sure I ordered in plenty of time to have it for our student of the month program the end of this month.

18. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 18, 2008

Iteach782, I like those! Very cute lawn sign! Are you going to have the students file the check out cards in some way? I'm just trying to figure out my library system and am curious.

19. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Aug 19, 2008

It's not silly, the internet is crazy. I don't think teachers on this site are going to do anything but there are crazy people online :)

20. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 19, 2008

You know, I've never had any sort of checkout system before. This would be the first for me. I was thinking of using a small pocket chart I have (the tabletop kind). I also have a little stand for it. I also have another small chart I can stick onto the wall. I guess I'm not too sure yet.

21. Happy Chatter

Happy Chatter Rookie

Aug 20, 2008

True but then you can treble that if it is coming to Manchester England,....kinda defeats the point of being free stuff.
    I love what I have seen though...good job!

22. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 20, 2008

Sorry to disappoing all you VP fans, but I just checked my e-mail, and found that I had signed up at BusinessMax, and that my $14.95 membership fee was due by August 31!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called them, and told them I have no idea what I am signed up for, or where I signed up for it, and they canceled my membership right away.....they said that I 'signed up' on the Vista Print website! I try to be really careful and skip all of the extra stuff on that page, but I really need to watch! Just a warning, be sure to check your bank statements so you don't have any extra charges!:woot:

23. twebster35

twebster35 Rookie

Aug 20, 2008

I'm hooked!

I just got on there and bought return labels for my class plus little sticky notes that say "Miss Webster loves having you in her class!" Now any time I leave the kiddos a note they will smile :)

24. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 20, 2008

I just got my lawn sign in. I love it!!! It looks exactly like the picture.

25. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 21, 2008

OH, I can't wait to see mine! I bet your lawn sign is so cute with those adorable bugs!

26. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 21, 2008

I'm getting really frustrated, I ordered my stuff on the 14th, and I haven't even gotten an e-mail saying that is has been shipped yet! Last time I got my stuff really fast! Do you think they are just really busy with all of the teachers ordering stuff??:unsure:

27. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 21, 2008

I didn't think about it but it does seem like longer than normal. I don't know. I just got 3 emails that said my orders were shipped. They were from 8-11, 8-12, and 8-15. So maybe yours is coming soon. Maybe they were very loaded but are getting a grip now.

28. Sabrena

Sabrena Rookie

Aug 21, 2008

I LOVE vista print. I ordered the business cards but I made homework passes with them. I will put these in the treasure box for kids to have a free night of homework! I also ordered a stamp that says "Turned in homework" to stamp their homework folders! I love the website!!!

29. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 22, 2008

My order came pretty quickly this time around. I think the whole process took only about a week and I only paid for slow shipping. I think it just differs for every order for some reason. BTW, they are offering free lawn signs again. I'm tempted, but I think I'm running out of space in my classroom.

30. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

Aug 22, 2008

I put in an order yesterday :D I got a note pad, sticky notes, a pen (this pen belongs to...), and a window cling that says "I "heart" Math!" The lawn signs look awesome..but I was just ordering free stuff for now :)

31. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 24, 2008

I always just order the free stuff! :D What do you do with the lawn signs?

32. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 24, 2008

The lawn signs were free on one of the emails I received from VistaPrint. I just received the lawn sign I designed at it is great!! I love it!! I am going to hang mine on a BB and decorate around it. They are a high quality.

33. FirstYear

FirstYear Rookie

Aug 24, 2008

I haven't used vista print yet but I am very interested. Can you guys help me out with how to design your own stuff? I would like to design a business card and a lawn sign. Any help is much appreciated.

34. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Aug 25, 2008

Ok, so I get no emails from them. I checked out Amanda's post but it doesn't have all the stuff I need. Does anyone have the most recent sale? I feel like a broken record asking that but they won't send me emails:( and I need big magnets!

35. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 25, 2008

FirstYear, if you have a design already you can download it to their site, but then you have to pay a one-time fee WHEN you have it printed. Otherwise, on most the designs you can go into advance edit and then play around with the design. To use vistaprint's images for the lawn sign:

1. click on "marketing materials" and then on "lawn signs"
    2. on the left upper side of the screen is an area where you can click "start with blank template"
    3. click on "advance edit"
    4. click "add image" at the top of the template
    5. you'll get a new little window and click "search image library"
    put in a keyword i.e. school and click "search"
    there will be pages and pages of images, choose one and click on it
    6. click "okay" on the new window
    7. if you click on the bars on the left you will be able to add your own text
    8. if you click on this new text on the template, you can now change the font and the size and play around with the placement and all the fun stuff
    9. when you are done, put you initials in the box and on you go
    10. you can add your own images, downloaded clip art or images, or your own complete design instead of searching the image library
    you can even just choose a design that they have already made and then change things around, adding and deleting images and texts by using the advance editing button.

Just play around and have fun. I hope I helped somewhat. I'm on my Mac and I think when I'm on my pc it's a bit different, so don't get mad at me if I got you all messed up.:lol:

36. FirstYear

FirstYear Rookie

Aug 25, 2008

Thank you so much DreamToTeach! I really appreciate the time you put into writing out those steps. I'm excited to go start making stuff for my class!

37. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 26, 2008

You're welcome, FirstYear, hope it helps.

Sue35, I have the recent one and it has the large magnets, but I don't know how to post a link to an email. Do you know?

38. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 26, 2008

First Year, here's a link for free bus.cards and a lawn sign.
    http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBIrp-QAZdBOAB7SYBU$LcZUCAM/doc.html

Sue35, here's a link for the large magnets.
    http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBIspRQAZdBOAB7SaN-$LcZUCMp/doc.html

Hope this works!

39. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

Aug 28, 2008

For those who typically use "slow-21 day" shipping...About how long does it usually take? My first order was shipped out a day or 2 ago and I'm sooo excited! Does it really take 21 days or is it more like 1-2 weeks? I know the last time I sent something to my SIL they told me up to 3 weeks and she got it 3 days later! Wondering if this is similar! BTW...I've already put in a second order :D

40. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 28, 2008

Okay, this is the weirdest shipping schedule ever! Here are the last three orders that I placed:
    Ordered 8-11 Shipped 8-20 Rec'd 8-22
    Ordered 8-12 Shipped 8-19 Rec'd not yet
    Ordered 8-15 Shipped 8-18 Rec'd not yet

Yes, those are correct. The ones I ordered last, shipped first, and still haven't arrived. Weird! I expect at least one of those orders today.

Also, did you notice that within a couple days I placed three orders? :lol::lol: It is addicting. And I don't have my own class yet!

You'll really like the quality. It is so fun when your box arrives.