Long story short, I have a fibroid that was diagnosed a year ago, and has gotten worse over time. Basically I'm at a point where Aunt Flow never leaves town. I've had two attempts at biopsies fail because my uterus is tipped backward and they can't get to my cervix. I also went through a similar experience with a saline infused sonogram, again a lot of poking with no test result. Recently I had a second ultrasound because the doctor feels my increase in symptoms may be due to the fibroid growing. I have insurance approval for a D&C so my doctor can get her tissue sample that she's been trying to get, but it's not scheduled yet. Meanwhile, the doctor put me on BCP to regulate the bleeding. It hasn't helped, and after the first placebo pill, I had some flooding like never before. Two days of placebo pills- two episodes now. Then there's the pain... I can't get in to see the doctor until a week from today. At this stage, I really just want it all cut out. I've gone computer-blind reading about treatments for fibroids and at 44, waiting until menopause isn't going to work. I work as a part-time reading specialist. I'm on a temporary contract so I'm worried about my job if and when I can get a hysterectomy scheduled. Waiting on insurance and tests has pushed this way back. I was hoping to do it over the Christmas break, but at this point, I don't see that working, so it'll be after school starts again and I'll have to be out. Someone just tell me it'll all be okay.