Hurricane Gustav

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by peggy27, Aug 31, 2008.

1. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Aug 31, 2008

For all you who are living in the path of Gustav, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I understand is a huge hurricane. We just don't want a repeat of Katrina. Take care!

3. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 31, 2008

Yes! Please stay safe. If you are told to evacuate, please do so.

4. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Aug 31, 2008

For sure! IF YOU ARE TO ECACUATE , please do so! We have friends going to Jamaca 2morrow for there daughters wedding next sat. They are all a nervous reck about the weather and how it will hold up!

5. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2008

Many residents of Louisiana are taking heed this time. We have evacuated to Dallas. My stepson lives in Dallas; so we are safe and sound.

6. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Aug 31, 2008

Please please please be careful if you live in this hurricane's path!! Also, if you're able to, let us know you're okay!

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 31, 2008

DHE-I am glad that you evacuated! I hope that all residents that are told to do so, DO!

8. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Aug 31, 2008

They said on the weather channel earlier this afternoon that way more people are evacuating Lousianna this time than during Katrina. I am glad they are. I would hate to hear of lives being taken that could have been saved. There are about prob 90% leaving this time! You can get another house(maybe not when you want it and only with help), but you can not get another child or mom/daddy for your kids of your life was/is lost God forbit. I am praying for ya'll and I hope you don't loose your home.

9. TemperanceFaith

TemperanceFaith Comrade

Aug 31, 2008

You are all in our prayers here in NJ. :hugs:

10. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Aug 31, 2008

I read they are letting pets come this time. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't bring them. They are family.

11. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Aug 31, 2008

I think they might be letting them bring the pets this time for a good reason. A lot of people said last time that they would not come if there pets could not!

Side note: Our church had a special prayer for this hurricane for those in Lousiana. It is not likely to hit us, but we prayed for those it does hit!

12. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Aug 31, 2008

There have been a lot of "pundits" who speculate as to why people live in south Louisiana, if it is in the path of hurricanes. I get angry, because no one asks that question of people who live in Miami, FL. No one complains that people live in San Francisco, where a huge earthquake could come any time! Sorry, I'm tired and worried and had to vent.

Another reason pets are being allowed on the buses is that there were many, many pet deaths. Also, many of those pets who were taken into emergency shelters were never reunited with their owners. Like others, my pets are part of my family, and I would have to bring them with me. We did when I was young, and my family lived in south Louisiana. It was interesting with 2 adults, 4 kids, a dog & 2 cats in a station wagon!

13. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Aug 31, 2008

Take care all of you in this storm's path... my thoughts & prayers are with you!

14. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2008

I've seen quite a few Louisiana car plates around here. I guess some are coming to visit relatives and friends who moved here. I hope they are able to go home to a dry, still standing home. It must be so nervewracking.