Hubby's Possible Job Promotion!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by JenPooh, Feb 1, 2007.

1. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Feb 1, 2007

The significant other thread got me wanting to post this here.

Not sure how much I've shared, but hubby is up for a possible promotion soon. Maybe not for a few more, maybe 3-4 months officially, but things are progressing as we speak. I just had to share the excitement. Just some background...right now he does customer service and marketing research for our hospital's nurse-online department. He likes his job, but would like to move on up the ladder and support his family better. He has had the job for maybe a year now. In October he was sent to AZ for a conference about getting a new system within the hospital and it's other buildings (all together the company owns 2 hospitals and a whole bunch of doctor's clinics). After the conference his boss pulled him aside to ask him what he thought of this possible promotion, since they would need it for their new system. What he'd be doing is writing analytical reports for all the departments in the hospital. Since then he has had meetings with the marketing department, the VP of the company, his boss, and the people who are getting them the new system. Today he emailed me to tell me that the VP has every intention in giving him that promotion. To make it even better, the marketing manager wants to sit with his current boss and the VP and make the job even more "big" by adding on a few other responsiblities. I'm not sure what they all will be, but it sounded professional. WOO HOO! I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself, but I am so proud and happy for him. Until now, he has been working a lot of dead end jobs without using his degree and now he may actually be able to do that!!!

If you made it this far, I applaud you. I just had to share. I'm so excited for him.
    Can you all keep this situation in your prayers if you happen to think about it? This could be his big break after working his tail off and taking dead end jobs to make ends meet. He SOOOOO deserves this!!! He is also the only one who has been in these meetings. Nobody else has been involved. Only him, which is a great sign. In fact, his boss told him not to tell his immediate co-worker right now because she doesn't want to start an issue (she's been there a long time, but she doesn't have the education and skills that hubby does). Next week he has to break out his suits from the closet for a couple more meetings and do some presentations. Nothing is "set in stone" but so far everything is looking up for him! Prayers are needed if you are willing to offer them! :D :angel:

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Feb 1, 2007

Jen I am keeping my fingers crossed for him. I hope it all comes through!

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 1, 2007

Yeah!!! Prayers for all of you!!!!

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Feb 1, 2007

That is awesome. Prayers that he gets it!

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Feb 1, 2007

I hope he gets the break he has earned.

7. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Feb 1, 2007

Jenn,

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for him and your family. Things are looking up... I will pray for you.

BTW, it's getting close to that due date!!!!!!!

8. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

Tic Tock!!! :D

9. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

That's wonderful Jen...the best to you and your husband. I sure hope it all works out.

10. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

Jen, I'm waiting to see if you hit any of my fams bdays!!! I NEVER made it to my due date I was at least a week and a half early!!!

11. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

If this one is anything like his brother, he wont be coming til May. ;)

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

Oh ...I'll pray not!!!!

13. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

Tanner was two weeks overdue. He was comfy where he was I guess. Even then, I was induced. I hope his brother is more cooperative.

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

I can't imagine..was he big???

I don't mean to be hijacking!!!

15. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

9.6 I also had GD with him though. I don't with this one, so hopefully a normal size baby will be coming. But not if I don't stop eating that darn ice cream and those yummy swiss cake rolls.:eek:

16. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

Are you sure it's a boy...I always heard you crave sweets for a girl & salty things for boys.

That's big to me...mine were under 7 pounds!!! Good things since I didn't get any meds!!! :eek:

17. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

Yep, it's a boy. I craved sweets bigtime with Tanner too, but I had more self control then. Now I'm just a ticking Ho-Ho bomb!

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 2, 2007

I love those as well. But hey it's a great excuse to eat what you want...I had gall bladder problems for last 6 wks of pg...I told midwife thanks for taking the whole fun of being pg away...I had to go on bland diet so I didn't go really early...I was at about 32 wks...they wanted me to get to 36!!! I made it a little over 37!!!

19. munchkin

munchkin Cohort

Feb 2, 2007

JenPooh:
    Congratulations on the soon to be newest family member!! ANd a possible promotion to boot for your sweetie?! That's soo great! Whenwill you all know something? Keep us posted!
    Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you both!! :D

20. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Feb 4, 2007

My fingers are crossed for your hubby's hopeful promotion!!!

21. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Feb 4, 2007

That would be PERFECT TIMING!!! Let us know!

My hubby just got a promotion at the same time I decided to go back to school!!